Thread: Cannot get into Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 BIOS using Corsair K60 Keyboard

Cannot get into Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 BIOS using Corsair K60 Keyboard

The Corsair K60 mechanical keyboard is all time favorite gaming keyboard because it is specifically built for gaming purpose like Counter strike and other FPS games. Now the problem is my Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 does not able to recognize the Corsair K60 keyboard during the Boot or POST. Due to this I cannot get into bios. I tried both DEL or F2 keys but it wont work during POST. The current BIOS version is Bios 1.32 BETA. The keyboard only starts to function once Windows 7 64bit Ultimate loads. Any solution?

Re: Cannot get into Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 BIOS using Corsair K60 Keyboard

I have been hearing lots of complaint regarding this on ASrocks BIOS. They tell that it acts weird. USB keyboard and mouse does not recognize at all before the Windows load or the installation. Both need drivers to get load and function and it only happens after the complete start up of Windows 7/vista/XP. I hope that Asrock will solve this problem very soon.

I assume that your keyboard is USB 2.0. I have heard that ASrock BIOS having problem with detecting USB 3.0 devices during the boot process. So if you are going to boot the system using bootable USB 3.0 disk, then system cannot boot at all. It is a known issue as discussed in some forums but I didn’t hear any problem about USB 2.0 so far. If it is really a issue on Asrock side, then it should be fixed in next version BIOS. However I don’t know about your motherboard much but I assume that there should a switch on BIOS for legacy. If couldn’t able to find a switch or something, then try with PS2 keyboard if you have one. It could be that your motherboard does not able to initialize USB keyboards until the boot cycle actually begins.

Yes, I have seen that not all bios able to initialize USB keyboard during the “pre windows” phase or it may not support this feature. If it supports, then make sure that your keyboards is connected to the first USB port. If it still doesn’t work, then there is no support from BIOS at all. Did you try resetting CMOS? I don’t know it would be helpful or not but just in case you can try.

Do you have a Logitech keyboard?

Some models with more features, lighting, display, USB hub, etc., do not initialize. There are two possibilities: first you can take a different keyboard to make adjustments and to check. Among others you can try using an external USB hub. Connect the keyboard and there first test. If it should work, you've got the possibility to configure your system and get it done. These proposals are not designed to solve the actual problem. In my Extreme 4 with Z68 chipset it is a beta BIOS with enhanced features. Logitech provides its own keyboard driver, so everything should work smoothly. For your motherboard, it would not be wrong if you contact support team from Asrock. You could get help immediately.