Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3 does not boot with RAM in 3rd and 4th slot

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3 does not boot with RAM in 3rd and 4th slot

Hello friends, I am having Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3 motherboard and getting problem with it, whenever I am trying to install memory on it then it is not booting. It is happening when I am tried to do it in 3rd and 4th slot of motherboard. If I try to do it then computer turns off automatically. But when put same memory in 1st and 2nd slot then it is been working very much nice and it is booting properly as it should be and at that time I am also able to load windows also. I really not know what is the problem with it and I think that I have tired tow different types of memory on to board, such that I am using a 4 GB Corsair 1600 MHz and 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333 MHz, but one thing which I believe that if these memory are working fine at 1st and 2nd slot then it should work for 3rd and 4th slot also. So can you people please tell me that what is the problem and what I should do to make it work? Thank you.

re: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3 does not boot with RAM in 3rd and 4th slot

If sticks are been working properly on 1 and 2 slots then it also work on 3 and 4 slots. I would suggest that you try to check that if have one stick in 1 and other one in 3 slot and see that your computer is been booting or not and do same thing keeping it in 2 and 4 slot if then also it is giving you problem then I do believe that there might some of problem with your motherboard. It is will be the major reason for the problem occurring. So you better check it out and make it working for you, if found it out then better replace your motherboard or just go to service center and get it tested over there.

I am also having same problem which above user is having it and also having same motherboard also, such having GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and having Intel i5 2500K processor, but difference is that I am having only one stick, when I am trying it first two slots then it is been working very well, using DDR3_2 or DDR3_4 RAM. I have also tired to work it little differently and in different position, such adding one more sticks to board, then that time problem was different, such that power was on and off repeatedly. One more thing I would like to tell that I have updated BIOS of motherboard then also it was not helpful for me and it is not working for me. So please help me and tell me method to work it for me.

I would like to tell that I have done some more research about it and found the solution for problem. If you thinking to read manual of your motherboard carefully, manual is been available when you have purchased motherboard, it is not all worth and I would suggest that you better throw it, as it is not worth. If you have checked manual carefully then it is has stated that slots which are labeled as DDR3_1/DDR3_2 or DDR3_3/DDR3_4, it is from left side which is either 1st & 3rd, or 2nd & 4th slots, then it is totally wrong. If I insert RAM on to first two slots such that DDR3_2 and DDR3_4, then it is been working properly. But most of people online are saying that it should be working properly when you have occupied all the 4 slots. If you are using just two slots then you need to use first two slots which are there from left side of board. This is actual method and proper thing which motherboard are been designed to work, one thing which I do not understand that how come company have not explained it properly in manual, if there is any user who always go with reference of manual then it is really waste of time and he might be thing that there is problem with motherboard or RAM.

I would like to add something over here, whatever above user has told is be partially correct and it can be solution to answer of all question, but motherboard works very much fine with Corsair RAM that also it is been installed on Gigabyte calls channel B, I would like to tell that it will be working when you having four RAM stick and it is been installed on 4 slots or having any other RAM which is been installed in either of the Channel A slots, if you are have not install a single stick of tested and proven RAM. One thing which I am knowing is that BIOS of motherboard are not able to recognizing Corsair Vengeance RAM in Channel One, this is thing which is not be researched and still finding out solution for this question, so is there anyone who might be knowing anything about it then do share over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullnit View Post
    I would like to tell that I have done some more research about it and found the solution for problem. If you thinking to read manual of your motherboard carefully, manual is been available when you have purchased motherboard, it is not all worth and I would suggest that you better throw it, as it is not worth. If you have checked manual carefully then it is has stated that slots which are labeled as DDR3_1/DDR3_2 or DDR3_3/DDR3_4, it is from left side which is either 1st & 3rd, or 2nd & 4th slots, then it is totally wrong. If I insert RAM on to first two slots such that DDR3_2 and DDR3_4, then it is been working properly. But most of people online are saying that it should be working properly when you have occupied all the 4 slots. If you are using just two slots then you need to use first two slots which are there from left side of board. This is actual method and proper thing which motherboard are been designed to work, one thing which I do not understand that how come company have not explained it properly in manual, if there is any user who always go with reference of manual then it is really waste of time and he might be thing that there is problem with motherboard or RAM.
    I am having gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 motherboard and it is been doing same thing and I have try to work it out by changing processor, I was using Phenom and I am using Athlon. When I have done changing processor and have checked it that it was able to boot with memory sticks in first 2 slots. It was running properly when I am running CPUZ then it is been showing only single channel. I do not think that you might have checked, so better do it and let me know about it. I have also try other method such that booting with only 1 stick in all 4 slots, then it was working and when try with having 3 and 4 slot then it was not happening. One more thing I would like to tell that when I was using Phenom processor then that time I was able to run memory in 1 and 3 slots or 2 and 4 slots so that I can get a dual channel. At present I really not knowing about it and what it is been happening with 3 and 4 slot. I think that it is mostly died.

Whatever above user is saying is correct and it is same thing with dual-channel memory such that it was running in single-channel mode. I would like to say that it is very much strange Gigabyte touch bios is telling DDR3 1600 Ram is been running at 1333 at the same time as CPU tells DRAM frequency is only 665.2 and it is been might be exactly half on 1333. I do think that CPUZ is been giving in different way, I do not expect anything from CPUZ. Other than I do not know that it is proper and will be nice if someone would like to tell some explanation about it little and it will be strange for me. When you check original problem then board not supporting four sticks of RAM, which I have read it somewhere and founded it to be waste, there should be something better design. I think that it might be running well when trying to run three or four different brands of RAM on to and I think that it is better working. It is not there in high end motherboard it is very much far from a low-end one. I think that slots three and four are not compatible with RAM due to which run properly in first and second and it totally unacceptable.