Thread: How to recover BIOS of ASRock P67 Extreme6

How to recover BIOS of ASRock P67 Extreme6

I have ASRock P67 Extreme6 motherboard in my computer and recently I have tried to update BIOS in my computer with the help of Windows utility but while BIOS updating process of my system crashed. Now when I restarted my computer at that time I didn’t get anything on screen. May be my system is looking for BIOS recovery image. i want to know how can I provide BIOS recovery image? if there is another way to solve this problem then let me know.

re: How to recover BIOS of ASRock P67 Extreme6

Well same thing happen with me and then I have recovered BIOS by changing jumper in to recovery mode position. In some motherboard you have switch for recovering BIOS. Usually you can find that somewhere around BIOS battery. Before you try this trick I will suggest you to refer motherboard manual first.

In my computer I was trying to BIOS update and suddenly my computer crashed. When I reboot my computer at that time computer screen remains black. I have referred motherboard manual but my motherboard don’t have BIO recovery switch. I don’t know what is wrong with my system. Please provide me solution regarding this.

As far as I know most of new motherboards have a boot-block BIOS. Basically it is small area of the BIOS which don’t get overwrite when you perform BIOS update. It supports only floppy drive. If you have Award BIOS in your system then you have to copy correct BIOS file along with flasher and then you have to insert floppy in to floppy drive and start your computer. if you have AMI BIOS then it will search for AMIBOOT.ROM file. You have to download correct file from internet and then you have to put that file in floppy drive and with help of that you will be able to recover BIOS. If you don’t have floppy drive in your then you have to use USB floppy drive because boot lock BIOS only supports for floppy drive.

Similar problem occurred with my computer also and I have solved this problem with following solution.You have to first get working BIOS image for your motherboard and rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM. After doing that you have burn bootable CD of it. Now after that you have to insert CD in your computer CD ROM drive and then you have to reboot your computer. Now press and hold CTRL+Home keys. When you get beep at that time leave the keys. Now you have to wait till you get four beeps, once you hear four beeps after that you will be able to start your computer again.

You have to download correct BIOS version of your motherboard and then you have to create bootable CD of it from another computer. if you want to download BIOS file for your computer then you have to visit official site of Asrock and then select your motherboard model and select BIOS download option. After doing that you have to insert that CD in your computer CD or DVD Rom and then recover restart your computer. Now system will look for BIOS file in drive and once it detects the correct file then it will start recovery. You can also do this with the help of USB stick. I hope your problem will get solved after trying these steps.