Thread: Which is best G.Skill Ripjaws-X or G.SKILL ARES?

Which is best G.Skill Ripjaws-X or G.SKILL ARES?

Hi guys

I really need help on this actually I was looking to build my own computer and technically I can build one but the thing is that I am at present stuck between the choice of the memory for my build basically I was looking for the making the budget gaming Ivy Bridge build and I have also narrowed down it to the two option that I need to select, the option are the G.Skill Ripjaws-X and G.SKILL ARES which is suggested to me by my friend so I have no idea regarding the performance of the both memory. Is there anyone here help me to select between this two RAM but telling the features and durability of this product , I will be really appreciating this, I have looked everywhere but not able to get the clear picture on this issue.

Thanks in advance

Re: Which is best G.Skill Ripjaws-X or G.SKILL ARES?

Well The G.Skill RAM RipjawsX series were developed specifically for Intel's new Sandy Bridge CPUs and their associated H67 or H67 chips. According to G.Skill memory kit from each hand in a Sandy Bridge system is tested to achieve the best quality product. The new memory modules come with the famous and now black cooler G.Skill PCBs on the market. Models are available in power ranges from DDR3 1333 to DDR3-2300. The company offers memory kits with 4 GiByte, 8 GiByte and 16 GiByte, in part, some models come with a matching fan, which can be clamped onto the memory module. Since 1600 it has low RAM at the time, I would recommend one of those. And short latencies are useful if they can be bought by a small extra charge, because the effect of latency is low.

G.Skill Ares series goes one on one wish of its buyers, which was long overdue. In some systems, causing the heat spreader current Ripjaws, RipjawsX or RipjawsZ memory kits interoperability problems, as they collided with the CPU cooler. This problem would clear with the new Ares G.Skill memory modules out of the way and therefore provided this ultra-thin and compact heat spreader. In order for the new memory modules in as many systems can be used to provide the G.Skill kits in various configurations. In addition to several memory kits for Daul Channel systems, there are some kits that consist of four memory modules and designed for Intel's new X79-platform. After the last test in one of the faster memory kits Ares had to prove to the test, now favors a better starter kit. The four major modules of the 4-GiByte starter kits run at DDR3-1600 CL9-mode in-9-9-25 and have orange heatspreaders. The following test requires that the compact kit to show whether it is suitable for serious overclockers.

RipjawsX, specifically made and designed to better support the P67 chipset and Z68. This family of products is targeted to a user search PC gamers, performance workstations, and enthusiasts overclockers who seeks maximum performance from your system. Specifically, we'll go to analyze the technical characteristics and performance of KIT DDR3 Dual - Channel 4GB capacity absolute certificate for the new Sandy Bridge platform P67 and Z68. The operating frequency is set at 2.133MHz in combination with latencies equal to 9-11-9-28 together with a voltage of 1.6V. We are talking about the F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL

The Ares-modules is one of the Corsair in the past often expressed desire to provide memory modules with compact heat spreaders. Although the turn out compared to the heat spreader Ripjaws modules with modules from other manufacturers rather small, it comes with some air coolers still have compatibility problems. This would avoid problems with the new Ares G.Skill modules and donated this reason an extremely compact heat spreader. Even the color G.Skill dispute with the Ares-modules new ways. Unlike the RipjawsZ G.Skill modules waived this time on black and red heatspreaders but relies on a bright orange and a strong light blue back. The color of the heatspreaders, however, depends on the specifications. Faster kits with tighter latencies have blue heat spreaders, kits with loose latencies and lower clock rate to get orange heatspreaders. Thus, the 4 x 4 has GiByte DDR3-1600 CL9-9.9.25 kit on orange head spreader, the 4 x 4 GiByte DDR3-1600 Kit with latencies of CL8-8.8.24 but about blue heatspreaders. As is common with most memory kits donated G.Skill also the modules of the Ares series a black PCB. This should be interesting especially for case modders, really respect every detail.

The G.SKILL ARES kit consists of four bars, each with 4096 MiByte. The modules are designed for DDR3-1600 mode (800 MHz) certified with latencies of CL9-9-9-25 and need for stable operation, a voltage of 1.50 volts (according to G.Skill). Although the G.Skill Ares memory kits to sample, to be compatible with both AMD and Intel systems, . As used herein Kit (F3-1600C9Q 16GAO) is simply to base 1155 and base 2011 compatible systems. In addition to the fallback profiles (685 MHz, 761 MHz and 838 MHz) has the memory kit also has an XMP profile (Intel Extreme Memory Profiles). The XMP profile provides for the operation of the DDR3-1600 mode with latencies of CL9-9-9-25. When voltage is 1.50 volts at G.Skill. In the practical test with an Asus Rampage Extreme IV latencies are all taken from exactly the Command Rate. G.SKILL provides for the kit tested here a command rate of 2T, but the BIOS is set automatically 1T

Well like to tell you tat It was possible for socket 1155 systems to increase the reference clock to a few megahertz. Even 105,0 MHz (100.0 MHz standard) not some processors. 2011 base systems are considerably more flexible because there is an additional divider for the reference clock. By this multiplier, it is possible to withdraw the reference clock, for example, at 125 MHz (Multi 1.25 x) or 133 MHz (Multi 1.33 x). An example By default, runs the processor at 3.2 GHz ((100 MHz x x 1.00) x 32.0 x) and the memory in DDR3 1600 mode ((100 x 1.00 MHz x) x 8x0). Now, if the reference clock multiplier increased to 1.25 x the following values: 4.0 GHz (125 MHz, 32.0 x x) and DDR3-2000 (125MHz x 8.0 x). Tested at the following overclocking tests of memory but only on the conventional memory divider.

RipjawsX series designed to accompany the processors and motherboards Intel Sandy Bridge H67 and P67 chipset (though not exclusive to this platform). The new series consists of a full range of DDR3 speeds of 1.333 MHz, 1.600 MHz, 1.866 MHz, 2.133 MHz, 2.200 MHz and 2.300 MHz with latencies-as-of CL6 speeds, 7, 8 and 9 and voltages of 1.5 and 1.6v depending on model. These reports come in kits of 4, 8 and 16GB. More details and specs after the cut

Although the G.SKILL ARES is not designed for absolute enthusiasts, it reaches into the overclocking tests quite good value. Primary work with this kit but the capacity of the low price and compact heat spreader in the foreground. Because of the small heat spreader, the Ares-modules fit under any CPU cooler and do not cause compatibility problems. Here G.Skill has fulfilled his goal all along the line and, in addition to the well known modules of different Ripjaws series last memory modules for compact systems. Asn also like to tell oyu that previously mentioned is not primarily aimed at overclockers, overclocking results are really fine. For example, the DDR3-1866 mode with a slightly looser latencies of CL9-10-9-27 is possible at a voltage of 1.60 volts. For the DDR3-2133 mode, the latency will be even stronger but defused. Here the memory is stable at 1.65 volts until CL11-12-11-30, for a DDR3-1600 kit but not a bad result. The DDR3-1600 mode, the kit provides, however, as mixed results. At 1.50 volts can exacerbate the latency only on CL8-9-8-24. If the voltage is increased to 1.65 volts, after all, CL8-7.9.24 possible. When undervolting test the Ares kit arrives, however, a small surprise: instead of 1.50 volts runs the DDR3-1600 CL9-mode-9.9.25 problem with 1.25 volts stable.