Thread: Asus x79 Sabertooth fails not working well with Corsair Dominator RAM

Asus x79 Sabertooth fails not working well with Corsair Dominator RAM

Hey guys am having a problem with my system. It is no able to post and gives me black screen regularly. Sorry I forgot to give my systems specs. Its Intel i7-3930K running on Asus x79 Sabertooth Mobo with Corsair Dominator RAM quad channel kit running at 1600Mhz. I have tried using MemOK! Button and I was asked to save the settings in the BIOS after its process was completed and then the system had booted up properly, so now when I am restarting the machine then I am not having any issues but then after a reboot I have to use the MemOK! Button again and go through it long process. I had tried getting the latest BIOS and it had helped but then the same issue started after a day, I think that there is something wrong with the RAM but then I am not very sure about the same, is there anyone who can help me with some workaround to solve the issue???

Re: Asus x79 Sabertooth fails not working well with Corsair Dominator RAM

Seems like the problem is with your Asus x79 Sabertooth. Did you tried clearing your CMOS ? Also can you tell me what settings you have done in the BIOS?. Also did you checked if your memory is compatible with the x79 Sabertooth motherboard ? I want you check ram compatibility because i have seen many cases where asus motherboard are quite choosy with the RAM compatibility. I also wanted to share that although the memory states it gets to the correct speed you should better set the timing for the memory and see if it is helping, just check out the things that I have asked for and try out the solution that I have suggested and then post back what you get for them.

I have set the 'AI Tune' to auto/XMP and manual in the bios setting and I have checked it out that the BIOS is reading the XMP profile of the memory and is applying it as well, I have found the menu option to be mentioning ok for the DRAM lists and it is also listing SPD info as well, I have tried clearing the CMOS but then it does not seems to be making any difference, The memory is compatible CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 and I have installed the modules in the respected slots by following the manual, I have not tried out changing the voltages, I have left the motherboard in the 'Auto' mode and it seem to have increased the voltage levels but then I am still having issues, I will try out changing the voltage levels manually but then I think that the XMP settings should work as they have listed 1.5v.

I have some doubts but yet i can say that if your DIMM slots and RAM dont have any problems, it should work. Just check out the settings done for CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 below. Just make sure that you first try out the XMP. I can say that because when i had a talk with corsair guy, he told me that 8GB/stick the XMP will probably also set the PLL. I think that the Auto won’t let you achieve what you are looking for as it is not running at Rated Frequency, anyways just try it out and then let me know what you get:

First:
    :
    • BIOSAI Overclock Tuner > XMP
    • eXtreme Memory Profile > Profile1

Second :
    • CPU VCCSA Voltage > Manual
    • CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage > 1.20v
    • VTTCPU Voltage > 1.20v
    • DRAM Voltage (A/B) > 1.55v
    • DRAM Voltage (C/D) > 1.55v

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbya View Post
    Just check out the settings done for CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 below. Just make sure that you first try out the XMP. I can say that because when i had a talk with corsair guy, he told me that 8GB/stick the XMP will probably also set the PLL.
    Thanks for the help buddy. I did as you told, my Mobo has been set to XMP and have also seated one stick. Now XMP settings seems to be applied. That made me to add the second stick as well and fortunately the XMP settings were still appearing to be applied. Even my system was posting without any problem. That was just the good part.

When i tried to add the remaining 2 sticks, again i got the DRAM LED error like earlier and system failed to post. when I am removing the other two sticks then the system is posting well, I have also tried swapping one stick that with the one that was seated before and the it had past the LED error but then I got an message saying 'overclock' had failed, I think that the motherboard and the slots are fine but then I think that I am having 2 faulty sticks in a tested quad kit with the response that I am getting, what do you think about the same???

I think that you should check out again to see if the RAM is installed correctly, I mean that it should have same color DIMM slots so make sure they are and then try out the setting that I have posted, if that does not help then you might be having a bad stick, I think that a better idea will be booting with one stick and testing it out and then swap the next stick and test it out again, repeat this process till the bad stick fails to post, you can follow the following thing for testing DIMM slot for 1 stick blank | blank | blank | blank | CPU | blank | RAM | blank | blank |

I have tried following the setting and the trick that you have mentioned but then it does not seems to be helping me out, I have tested out all the sticks and have found that there is one stick that is leading me to the DRAM LED error and the system does not post, the other are working fine and the system is booting up properly with two sticks, I have not tried out seating three sticks as I have gone through the manual and it is not showing the same as a setup, so I am hesitating a bit to try it out, for now I am considering that I am having a bad stick after trying out all of the above possible suggestion that has been mentioned here.

Well i have a fix for you,

Ya-This-@ne you will need to purchase a different memory not compatible with the 2 kits of 16GB G.Skill, only one. Mine worked with manual settings but some things didn't work
    Last edited by Branen; 11-04-2012 at 10:37 AM.