Thread: Some confusion related to the drivers of Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev2 motherboard

Some confusion related to the drivers of Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev2 motherboard

Hello everyone out there I have come here with a certain confusion in my mind and in the end I hope that this confusion will be certainly solved by you all. So what I am saying is that I am planning to build a new system with the following configuration

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
    SSD: Patriot PPSE120GS25SSDR
    Video Card: ASUS ENGTX560

Now few questions I have in mind which I would like to clear out for me if possible. So my first question is related to the Intel VGA drivers. I happened to find that Intel VGA drivers that are there in the Intel site are much newer than the Intel VGA drivers on the official Gigabyte site. So I am confused whether from which site should I get it? Should I get it from the gigabyte or from the Intel? That’s what I want to know from you all. Although both the drivers do look similar but still I want to know if there is some harm in getting the drivers from the Intel site. One more question regarding the audio drivers, I saw that NVIDIA video card drivers file has an "HDAUDIO" folder which contains the audio drivers and even gigabyte has it, so from where should I install the driver? Now coming to the third and the last question this is related to the video card should I go for the manual driver install or should I install it straight from the install file? So I have given my questions over here do reply on the same. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Some confusion related to the drivers of Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev2 motherboard

Getting the drivers directly from the sources would be the best thing to do. so you can go ahead with that procedure there is nothing much to think on it. Rather if you want to help me out with the drivers then do tell me I will suggest you some drivers from the chipset drivers to your audio drivers. I will suggest you some links from where you can get it.

So my suggestion for you is to get the drivers from the source because they are the one who get updated more frequently than the one you get in the Gigabyte. so I would recommend you to go with the drivers that are available from the source that would be the one convenient for you. I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

Anyways do reply to the questions that I have asked you here about the drivers I would be happy to help you out with.

Re: Some confusion related to the drivers of Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev2 motherboard

Ok is that so then tell me I would be interested in getting some drivers from the source websites since I found an easy access to the gigabyte that’s why I was thinking whether getting an access from the gigabyte would be a great thing to do or not? Anyways if you have said from the source then I would be definitely checking out from the source itself. Anyways even you all can tell me which all drivers are helpful for me that’s what I want to know. So do reply on the same I am waiting for the response from your side.

Please note: any clickable downloadable driver links from the source site would be very useful for me so if possible then give me the links which will redirect me directly to the driver. That’s what I want. I hope you will help me out with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by I M Perfect View Post
    Ok is that so then tell me I would be interested in getting some drivers from the source websites since I found an easy access to the gigabyte that’s why I was thinking whether getting an access from the gigabyte would be a great thing to do or not? Anyways if you have said from the source then I would be definitely checking out from the source itself. Anyways even you all can tell me which all drivers are helpful for me that’s what I want to know. So do reply on the same I am waiting for the response from your side.

Please note: any clickable downloadable driver links from the source site would be very useful for me so if possible then give me the links which will redirect me directly to the driver. That’s what I want. I hope you will help me out with this one.
    Hey that’s good that you reverted back soon. I am sure you were in the lookout for the drivers that’s the reason why you have asked for that.

Anyways here are the below links that you should check it out I have collected many of them for you.
    For the realtek audio drivers this is the link that you should check out.

Here is the link for LAN driver

As you have also asked for the video card again I would say getting it from the nvidia or AMD would be a better option for you. Though I don’t have any information about it right now if I happen to get some links then I will definitely update to you over here.

As far as the Intel chipset drivers are concerned then get the drivers from the following link

If you are looking for the Intel AHCI or RAID driver then this is the link that you should check out

I have given you the maximum links which you were looking for and in case if you need any more information about anything else then do tell me. I will definitely help you out.

Ok that was a really helpful response for me . So thanks a lot for the same. Still I have a very small query in my mind which if you sort it out then it would be really good for me. Well the question is I have seen many people skipping the "load driver" option during the fresh install of windows and then installing the drivers after that. So I just want to know can I do that? Is this the safe procedure? Whenever we do a fresh install of windows we get a option called as "load driver" option. So on clicking that it installs all the necessary drivers then why do people skip that option? I don’t understand that? Anyways I want to know what are your views about this. That’s the main thing I want to know from you. I hope I will be getting some replies for this.

Quote Originally Posted by I M Perfect View Post
    Ok that was a really helpful response for me . So thanks a lot for the same. Still I have a very small query in my mind which if you sort it out then it would be really good for me. Well the question is I have seen many people skipping the "load driver" option during the fresh install of windows and then installing the drivers after that. So I just want to know can I do that? Is this the safe procedure? Whenever we do a fresh install of windows we get a option called as "load driver" option. So on clicking that it installs all the necessary drivers then why do people skip that option? I don’t understand that? Anyways I want to know what are your views about this. That’s the main thing I want to know from you. I hope I will be getting some replies for this.
    Yes you can follow that procedure and I don’t think so there is any harm in that at all. The thing is that its optional if you want to install the driver or not. windows will be providing with the generic drivers and after that if you want then you can update it later. The pre install option is kept during the fresh install of windows because some boards may need them especially the SATA ports but in majority of the motherboards we find today SATA ports it's optional. That’s why I think there is no harm in doing a install of the windows and then downloading the drivers separately. In fact I think this is a best option to go with it gives you the necessary freedom of obtaining all the necessary drivers after the windows install. so I think I have answered out all your questions, anything else you want to know then please do feel free to ask here. I will try and answer it out for you.

Hey last but not least one more small question I have which I want to share it with you. First of all thanks for all the links that you have given, I want to know for the drivers I am going with the "load driver" option. So is it enough I just select the .exe drivers? Or unpacking the files with 7zip would be a better option for me? What do you all think about the same that’s what I am asking?

Please don’t be frustrated because this is the first time that I am building my own system and installing all the drivers and such stuff that’s why it is better if you can give me some advise on this. please respond on the same.

Wait if you are going with the load driver function then F6 Pre-install drivers are very much important for you. You should first download F6 Pre-install drivers and then extract it. then you can go ahead with the downloading of the other drivers. Yes one more thing you need to extract the drivers with the help of winzip or winrar, if you don’t have them then get it downloaded soon. They are very much necessary for you. Just by clicking on the exe file does not helps. First you need to extract them and then install the drivers. So that’s why you should have a 7zip or winrar for handling such files. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Anything else then please let me know. I am ready to help you out.