Thread: Ethernet Port stopped working in Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

Ethernet Port stopped working in Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

I am using computer in which I have Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard and I am facing problem with Ethernet port in my computer. Suddenly Ethernet ports have stopped working. In the control panel there is no connection listed. I have windows 7 OS. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Ethernet Port stopped working in Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

You have to right click on my computer and then select properties. Now after that you have to select device manger and after selecting device manager you have to check whether Ethernet controller is there or not? If you cannot see Ethernet controller in device manager then I think problem is related to drivers. I will suggest you to insert your motherboard driver CD in your computer and then you have to install the drivers in your computer. Now after that you have to restart your computer and after restarting your computer you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? According to me after installing the drivers in your computer you will not face any problem.

I am also having same motherboard in my computer and I was also experiencing problem with Ethernet port in my computer. I have first tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the drivers and installing it again in my computer but after reinstalling drivers also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have downloaded latest drivers from the official site of Asrock and then I have installed in my computer. Now after that when I restart my computer at that time all the things started working properly. If you want to download latest drivers for your Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard then you have to go to official site of Asrock and select your motherboard model. Now after that you have to download drivers and install in your computer. I hope after doing this your problem will get solved.

If you are facing same problem after reinstalling drivers and installing latest drivers also then there might be something wrong with your motherboard only. I am not sure but may be updating BIOS in your system will help you to solve this problem. to update BIOS you have to download BIOS update file from HERE and then you have to create bootable Disc of it. now after doing that you have to restart your system and update BIOS. After updating BIOS you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? If you get same problem after updating BIOS also then you should contact asrock support and then ask them for solution

Thank you for helping me. Reinstalling and updating drivers does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have downloaded BIOS update files and then update the BIOS in my computer now after doing that all the things started working properly. Now the only problem which I am facing is internet gets disconnected randomly in my computer. Is there any way to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

According to me you are facing this problem because of the power saving option. You should check whether Ethernet power saving option is disabled in your computer or not? If it is enabled then you have to disable it and after disabling that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? I have also solved similar type of problem by disabling power saving option. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniee View Post
    According to me you are facing this problem because of the power saving option. You should check whether Ethernet power saving option is disabled in your computer or not? If it is enabled then you have to disable it and after disabling that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? I have also solved similar type of problem by disabling power saving option. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.
    In my computer also internet gets disconnected randomly. I have tried to solve this problem by installing latest drivers in my computer but after doing that also I get same issue. Now after that I have tried to turn off power saving option but I don’t know how to do that. Please let me know exact steps to turn off power saving option. Any help will be appreciated.

To disable power option for Ethernet controller you have to follow these steps.
    • Open device manager.
    • Look for your Ethernet controller.
    • Right click on that.
    • Select properties.
    • Click on power management tab.
    • Uncheck power saving option from there.
    • Click on ok.

If above solution does not help you to solve do not help you to solve this problem then you have to open start menu and then type power option there. Now after opening power option you have to set maximum performance for Ethernet controller and then you have to check whether you are able to use internet properly or not?

Yes disabling power option can solve this problem. I was also having same problem In my computer and first it looks like problem is with drivers and I have reinstalled drivers in my system but after doing that also problem does not gets solved. Now after that I have disabled power saving option and then my problem get solved.

I will suggest you to update BIOS in your computer and then your problem get solved. You have to download BIOS update file from the official site of motherboard manufacturer and then you have to make bootable CD and then update the BIOS. Many times updating BIOS can help to solve this type of problem.