Thread: AMD Athlon 4800+ on MSI K9N SLI motherboard

AMD Athlon 4800+ on MSI K9N SLI motherboard

Hello friends, I was thinking to purchase a new processor, planning to go for AMD Athlon 4800+ which is having 2.4 GHz and processor which I am having at present is 2.0 GHz. So I wanted to have some suggestion about it. Some of my friends have suggested me that I should have x12 multiplier and on present one it is x10. I am not at all good in that and really wanted to build a good system. One more thing which I would like know that it is having same FSB or not? If it is having then it does not seen any changes, so does anyone is having any idea about it? Then please do tell me about it and also is there something better then that please suggest me. It will be really helpful for me. Thank you.

Re: AMD Athlon 4800+ on MSI K9N SLI motherboard

I think that you should be able to work with it and would like to say that MSI K9N SLI Platinum supports the latest generation of AMD AM2 with socket. The NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI offers innovative potential. Supports DDR 533/667/800 MHz Realtek ALC883 integrated sound system of the upper class, and support SATA RAID, LAN card 10-100-1000 MB / s and 10 integrated USB2 ports, 2 IEEE1394, make the motherboard MSI a complete product. I would also like to tell that you better refer an article which is telling everything about overclocking, just search for What Is CPU Overclocking and you will be able to get links about it and just go through article and get some idea about CPU. Which is really worth and also you might be doing with your new processor, so that you can increase clock speed of it’s and make it little faster.

I would like to say that you better confirm with your motherboard. Such that there are two motherboard of MSI, one is K9N SLI and other one is K9N Platinum, so you better check for that as both of board are having similar features but both of them are different, so before going ahead better be confirm with it. I have forgot to mention that there is one more board which is K9N SLI Platinum, then only I will be able to tell about it. Whatever information you have shared over here then I think that you are having an unsupported CPU. There are plenty models of AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, in among all there are been only one CPU which is been supported by any of K9N boards. I would like to tell that confirm your processor which it is and to that you need to remove it from your motherboard and try to find 13 digit chip identifier number, if you are not able to find it then can visit to AMD website or any other site which is having information about CPU. Just check it and let me know about it.

I would like to tell that I am having K9N SLI platinum motherboard and it is been showing same name when checking it on computer. I do know that there are other boards and also having perfect CPU which is supported by it. The problem is that, current CPU and new one will be having difference and what changes should I do with it, I would like to have suggestion about it. If you people wanted to know my 13 digit chip identifier number then it is AD04800IAA5D0, CAA90 0743APBW, and 1905012J70311, these were numbers which I have received it when checking it. Do not know which exact number you people wanted is and how does that number will be helpful. If you people wanted more information then you can check out specification of it. I do not think that there is any issue with CPU with motherboard. So please tell me what to do with it.

Number which you have got among them AD04800IAA5D0 is your AMD chip identifier code. Number which you have written is not having zero it was O, so do not be confuse with it, if I have a look on you CPU and check out full specification then in short would like to tell that it is Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane, 2500 MHz, mult 12.5, G2 stepping. Main thing which I would like to tell that you better determine what version of system BIOS is installed on your CPU. I do know that your CPU is been supported by your present motherboard and it should be having BIOS version 3.9 or 3.A or any of later. If you are having older than any of these then you better update using manufacturer's instructions, if not knowing about then better check manual of motherboard. Problem which you are telling is been happen with version 3.9, so I believe that you might be having that version of BIOS. I do not think that you might be having K9N SLI platinum motherboard, it might be K9N SLI, confirm that. Such that SLI Platinum is black in color and SLI V2 is having very less SATA ports and each of them uses different BIOS. You can refer to below link,

Main board - K9N SLI