Thread: ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 vs. ASRock Fatal1ty Z77

ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 vs. ASRock Fatal1ty Z77

I was searching for the ivybridge motherboards and I found that the ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 is able to support the ivybridge with the BIOS update and other than this ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 is also having support for this. ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 looks nice to me and this is also designed for the ivybridge. But the one thing that I dont liked regarding the designed for the ivybridge is that, it is not having support for the hdmi port a nd also no display port for the converter to VGA.

Now I am confused between these two and cannot decide the best between these two and so I am posting over here that which one will be better for me. If someone of you can put some information on this then I will be really thankful for the help. Please reply ASAP.

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 vs. ASRock Fatal1ty Z77

It will be better for you to go for ASRock Fatal1ty Z77. ASRock Fatal1ty series does not stint on extras. Therefore offers the ATX model Z77 Fatal1ty Professional, which is a 20-phase design for the main circuit and five phases for the memory. On the list of expansion slots, two PCI-Express x16 available in version 3.0, one PCI-E x1 and one PCI Express x16 slot, version 2.0, which represents only 4 lanes available. Six SATA 3 is present; while there is also an e-SATA connector. This is sitting on the panel of six USB 3.0 ports. There is also a diagnostic LED helps to find errors. The Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional is at the PCGH price comparison listings but I think that the price really worth for it. So my suggestion to you is to go for ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 but in the end choice if yours.

I would like to tell you that the Extreme6 Z77, Z77 Professional Fatal1ty and Fatal1ty Professional Z77-M are just some of ASRock motherboards which is preparing to host CPUs Intel Ivy Bridge. These are made with 22 nanometer manufacturing process and equipped with the new tri-gate transistors. The new CPUs are compatible with LGA 1155 socket, currently dedicated to Sandy Bridge products. The Z77 Extreme6 is a VRM with 8 + 4 phase power and having three PCI Express x16 slot but only two meet the new specification 3.0 and will operate in x8/x8 mode in the presence of two cards. It is unclear how many lines have reached the third slot, although it could be a solution of 2.0 x16 with four links. The board also features a PCIe x1, two PCI slots and one Mini PCI Express slot, which may perhaps serve to mSATA SSDs, but we have no certainty. As for the memory are four DIMM slots.

ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 Z68 is using the Xfast LAN technology. The Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 is ASRocks most luxurious Z68 board and released in cooperation with pro-gamer Fatal1ty. The luxurious board provides two additional USB 3.0 ports (6 in total), a second Gigabit LAN port and two additional 600-Serial ATA connectors (10 in total). The board lacks the two PCI Express x1 slot and DVI and DisplayPort outputs for the integrated graphics. I am having the same board and that is really working great for me. So I a m recommending you the same. I have never used the other one but for this, I am very confident and I am sure that it will never disappoint you.

I am using the ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 and very happy with this board. The Z77 Extreme6 motherboard includes two front USB 3.0 ports managed by the Intel chipset, six USB 3.0 ports, a FireWire connector, one floppy drive and one to a serial port. The motherboard also has buttons for Power, Reset, and a diagnostic display POST80. there is a PS / 2 port, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 (two are managed by the controller Etron EJ168), eSATA port, one FireWire, Gigabit Ethernet managed by the Broadcom controller and a set of outputs video size DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and VGA (D-sub). There is also a Clear CMOS button and the HD audio with optical S / PDIF. The motherboard is accompanied through Virtu Software LucidLogix MVP, which is a virtualization solution and this is thanks to new technology that eliminates redundancies via HyPerformance graphics pipeline.

I think that it will be better for you to have a look to the specification of ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 before you get this and so I am posting with the specification and wish that it will be helpful for you.

Brand: Asrock
    Type: Z77 Fatal1ty Professional
    Technical Specifications
    • Socket: 1155
    • Motherboard Chipset: Intel Z77
    • Form Factor: ATX (Standard)
    • Memory Types (motherboard): 4x DDR3

Interfaces
    • Interface Card (motherboard): PCI, PCI-e 1x 2.x, 2.x PCI-E 16x, 2x PCI-e 16x 3.x
    • Link Interface: ATi Crossfire
    • Hard drive bus (internal): 4x SATA-300, 6x SATA-600

External links
    • Connection (Ethernet): 1Gbps Ethernet
    • Connection (USB / FW): eSATA, 6x USB 3.0
    • Video out: DisplayPort, HDMI

Audio
    • Audio channels: 8 (7.1)
    • Audio outputs: Analogue (3.5 mm)

The best thing that I liked about the ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 is HyPerformance. This is a new technology that is integrated and discrete graphics hardware and can merge for uncompromising performance as well as higher frame rates to about 30-70%. Other than this, the board is also having support for the ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards and you can put on your choice. Here are main benefits of this technology:
    • Boosts responsiveness and FPS or any game
    • Improves gaming frame rates 30-70%
    • Increases Vsync frame rates - 120 + FPS
    • Sharpens visual quality without tearing
    • Works seamlessly with Hundreds of games

The ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 Z68 is based on the Intel Z68 Express chipset and Intel processors supported for the socket 1155th. This is having four DIMM slots and supports up to 32GB of DDR3 memory in dual channel mode. When using the 32-nm Sandy Bridge processors then the ATX motherboard delivers powerful graphics with two HDMI ports available. Other features of the Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 that include two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots and one PCIe 2.0 x16 slots with support for 3-way CrossFireX and Quad SLI. In addition, the Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 Z68 with 8-channel audio, dual Gigabit LAN, FireWire, four SATA2, six SATA3 ports, one port eSATA3 and two USB 3.0 ports.

Here are the Key Features of Z68. See this and decide if you want to go for this or not?
    • Support for the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 on socket 1155
    • Up to 32 GB of DDR3 RAM in Dual Channel compatible Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
    • Support for Intel graphics controllers Graphics HD 2000/3000 and dual HDMI integrated
    • Polymer-based capacitors high quality "Premium Gold Caps", 100% Japanese manufacturing
    • Digi Design PWM, Phase Advanced Power V12 + 6
    • 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 and one PCI Express 2.0 x16, ATI Quad CrossFireX compatible / 3-Way CrossFireX / CrossFireX and NVIDIA Quad SLI / SLI
    • Support of Dual Gigabit LAN with Teaming functionality (pairing)
    • 6-Port Serial-ATA 6Gbps ports and 4 Serial ATA 3Gbps
    • Up to 6 USB 3.0 ports, 2 front panel with the optional 3 "1/2 included!
    • 8-channel HD audio (7.1) with S / PDIF / THX TruStudio PRO
    • Dr. Debug Design "Smart Switch": Switch Power / Reset / Clear CMOS with LED
    • Supports Xfast Fatal1ty USB, LAN Technologies Xfast
    • GUI supports UEFI, Lucid Virtu, Intel Smart Response
    • Supports Fatal1ty F-Stream Technology On / Off Play, APP Charger, SmartView

In Z68, By adopting the technology of digital modulation "Digital Pulse-width modulation (PWM)", ASRock motherboards Fatal1ty feed and regulate more efficiently the CPU Vcore voltage. Unlike analog PWM technology, the digital power modulation allows optimization of the voltage of the processor and provides stability to the Vcore. The software Fatal1ty F-Stream is an all-in-one for adjusting numerous settings including hardware monitoring, fan control and the Fatal1ty mouse port configuration. The hardware monitor displays the main parameters of your system. The fan control allows adjustment of the rotational speed and displays the temperatures recorded by the system. The overclocking tool allows adjusting the CPU frequency, ratio and the voltage for optimum performance. Mouse Polling in the section, players can freely adjust the polling rate.