Thread: Will Galaxy 58NLH5HS3PXZ GTX 580 GPU work well with ASUS M4A77T motherboard?

Will Galaxy 58NLH5HS3PXZ GTX 580 GPU work well with ASUS M4A77T motherboard?

Currently I am planning to buy a new Galaxy 58NLH5HS3PXZ GPU for my system but there’s lot of ifs and buts going around my mind. I was wondering whether this GPU is will be compatible with the motherboard I am going to buy. Actually I am also in a plan to buy a motherboard but worried a lot about the compatibility issue with the GPU. I am willing to buy an ASUS M4A77T motherboard. Hope both will be working well and fine in presence of each other. Also I am planning to get a PSU for the same but only if those two are confirmed. Any suggestion is welcome. My CPU is AMD athlon II x4 645.

Re: Will Galaxy 58NLH5HS3PXZ GTX 580 GPU work well with ASUS M4A77T motherboard?

I don’t see any issue or point why the GPU which you have mentioned will not work or have any compatibility issue with the Asus motherboard. I guess the GPU which you are talking about is a Geforce GTX 580 model, definitely it should work with an ease. To be frank none of the system specs is going to have any kind of issue for you including the processor you have. And speaking about the PSU I can only say that to run GTX 580 you will surely need a 600W PSU and not less than that.

Re: Will Galaxy 58NLH5HS3PXZ GTX 580 GPU work well with ASUS M4A77T motherboard?

If you are in plan of buying all your needs then I would like to suggest you something, you can go for a GTX 580 for $389. You can get it from newegg. Remember that these cards are not overclocked as everyone knows that overclocked cards have always been proved to be a pain. And also you can get the motherboard from the same newegg site not sure about the price of the one which you have mentioned but surely can get the exact details from the same place.

Till now I find all the suggestion a sensible one given to you. Anyways as said above the GTX 580 cards are not overclocked in order to avoid further issue. But overclocking is not a big deal if you need a overclocked one. You can simply overclock it by yourself with the help of MSI afterburn free software.

As per the CPU, if you ask then surely you should be fine with the GPU and the motherboard without any issue. may I know how much of memory you have and what is the actually speed. Instead of checking out the compatibility between the motherboard and the GPU its better you see the comfortablity of both of them with the CPU you are having.

And talking about the PSU I would say that a 1600W would be fine but I personally believe that I does not have that much of power leads for the 580 card. I guess it needs 1 6pin and 1 8pin. Better I would suggest you to check out a PSU of Corsair and try to get one with a single 12volt rail instead of 4 12volt rails.

By looking at your option it seems like you have researched a lot and you are very much controlled with the budget, that’s a good idea I must say. Anyways talking about the PSU even I would agree for you to go with a Corsair PSU but remember for the GPU you are having i.e. Galaxy 58NLH5HS3PXZ GTX 580 you will surely need a 42AMP minimal on the +12V Rail and this PSU has 45Amp. Everything is fine for the GPU but remember you won’t be able to run sli with this PSU. It has everything what you need for your GPU but unfortunately not for your board.

If you have enough budgets and if planning to invest more on PSU then I would suggest you to go for LEPA B650-SA 650W SLI Ready CrossFire. It comes for $79.99 and the best thing about this is that if ever you need to Sli two GTX580, you can simply do it without any issue. It can handle two 580s together and still works fine.

Do you need to have the upgrade soon? The reason I am asking you so is because currently 680 has been released and obviously those cards will come for high costs so if you wait for while they will however come down. Very soon you will be able to cope up a 6950 from AMD or a 560 Ti 448 Cores from NVidia that too for and under $250. Anyhow your CPU i.e. AMD athlon II x4 645 is going to cause some serious problems if it starts fulfilling the requirements of those cards. It will have to loose all the processor power. I can only recommend you to make a sensible upgrade, you can do it by going for 2500k/P67 or something similar to it and then go for a proper video card.

If you have enough budgets and if planning to invest more on PSU then I would suggest you to go for LEPA B650-SA 650W SLI Ready CrossFire. It comes for $79.99 and the best thing about this is that if ever you need to Sli two GTX580, you can simply do it without any issue. it can handle two 580s together and still works fine.
    I would really love to run Sli 580s using a 750W PSU which you have mentioned, but let me tell you that those cards actually uses 300W each which would in turn leave me with no option but only 150W left for rest of the system. If you talk practically then surely they would never take the 600w full utilization especially with the processor CPU.