Thread: Motherboard with Intel Virtualization Technology for Direct I/O features

Motherboard with Intel Virtualization Technology for Direct I/O features

Can anyone help to me find a motherboard which has Intel Virtualization Technology support for Direct I/O. I had tried to find the same specification but I am not able to get the exact answer. I am not so good in specification. Thanks.

Re: Motherboard with Intel Virtualization Technology for Direct I/O features

I know a board from Gigabyte. It is Gigabyte P67A-UD3 B3 board which features VT-d support. I had check the board specification but cannot found any information related to that. I had seen some users who were discussing about this on forums. They said that the board support VT-d so that you can manage the I/O interface on a virtual server. The thing which creates doubts is the specification. Why it is not mentioned in the specification. Other than this there is one more motherboard by Intel which comes with this features. The board is Intel DX79SI desktop board. There is a common list on Intel's website which shows you the list of all those chipset board that supports VT-d. I am not sure about the exact performance but the documentation can give more highlight.

Intel Z68 chipset also has this support. The motherboard under this series is Intel DZ68ZV Desktop board, Intel DZ68DB Desktop board and Intel DZ68BC Desktop board. You can choose any one from this.

It is really hard to find information regarding this. Because I had seen many motherboard which even supports VT-d does not shows anything in the specification. So that creates a confusion whether to go for this or not. For that I had found a series of Intel P67 and Intel H67. Motherboard under this range supports VT-d and you can buy any of them. I am also providing you a list of board which comes under this series. You have a look on the same.
    • Intel DP67DE Desktop Board
    • Intel DP67BG Desktop Board
    • Intel DP67BA Desktop Board
    • Intel DH67VR Desktop Board
    • Intel DH67GD Desktop Board
    • Intel DH67CL Desktop Board
    • Intel DH67CF Desktop Board
    • Intel DH67BL Desktop Board

VT-d is a really a important step which can help you configure settings of various mode available for data center. VT-d is supported by a number of Intel platform which also offer you reliability and security. I can list you some series of board which supports this. They Intel B65 Chipset, Intel H61 Chipset, Intel X58 Chipset, Intel Q57 Chipset and Intel H55 / Intel P55 Chipset. There are other more models which you can find on Intel's site.

All the models which are mentioned above supports Intel VT only. Intel VT-d is different. Do look the system specs before buying any of it. I am listing those motherboard which supports Intel Desktop Boards support Intel VT with Directed I/O. I think this is the one which you are looking for.
    • Intel Q67 Chipset - Intel DQ67EP Desktop Motherboard, Intel DQ67OW Desktop Motherboard & Intel DQ67SW Desktop Motherboard
    • Intel Q57 Chipset - Inel DQ57TM Desktop Motherboard & Intel DQ57TML Desktop Motherboard.
    • Intel Q45 Chipset - Intel DQ45CB Desktop Motherboard & Intel DQ45EK Desktop Motherboard
    • Intel Q35 Chipset - Intel DQ35JO Desktop Motherboard & Intel DQ35MP Desktop Motherboard

There are number of doubts behind the same. It is not for sure that all the boards which are mentioned will surely support VT-d. There are options in bios but there are rare chances that every board will work.