Thread: Queries regarding budget motherboards

Queries regarding budget motherboards

I am thinking of buying a new motherboard, I don’t have any in mind. Actually I am confused which one to buy as which will satisfy all my needs. I will be using Linux as my primary Operating system and I will be using it for purpose of my job which includes m to provide security to data of my organization. So Linux is needed for it. For other purposes like entertain which include activities like gaming, watching movies, etc. I will install Windows 7 as my secondary OS. Can anyone suggest me some motherboard for these purposes. Also provide me some tips on how to select motherboard for my mentioned use.

Re: Queries regarding budget motherboards

MSI motherboards are good for professional use. They are designed for a long run and won’t disappoint you with its performance. Gigabyte processors are also good, they are bit expensive than MSI but again they provide a better quality performance than MSI. I won’t suggest you ASUS motherboards as they are expensive won’t satisfy your needs. You can find motherboards for lowest price under ASRock, but I don’t trust them when it comes to reliability. EVGA too have good motherboards but they have compatibility issue with most of the graphic cards. So from entertainment point of view, you won’t like this motherboard. You will also find cheap motherboards under BioStar, but they aren’t updated regularly.

Motherboards are just used as supporting parts these days. No application or major process needs motherboard of a specific brand to operate. You can buy any motherboard and be satisfied with it. If you want to work on tasks using hardware then and then only you must be concerned about a motherboards specifications and capacity. If still you are keen on deciding to buy a motherboard based on its functioning, then research on its failure rate. Most of the motherboards don’t face any failure issues, but when assembled with other peripherals, it may give problems.

I suggest you that you choose a motherboard which uses PCIe SSD as cache. This function is good for support of multiple OS on same system. These motherboards work best when used assembled with Intel Z68 chipset SATA ports.

Every motherboard has its own plus points and its drawbacks. You will rarely find a motherboard which doesn’t have any drawback. If ever you find such motherboard, then it will be too expensive. If you keep comparing negatives and positives of one motherboard to another, then you will spend much of your time selecting a motherboard rather than deciding on what other peripherals you need to buy. Some brands of motherboards are more popular than other, but this doesn’t mean that popular brands will always provide a better quality product than a less known brand.

PCIe 2.0 motherboards are of decent standard at present times. They will support most of the hardware and will work efficiently. PCIe 3.0 motherboards too are available in market, but I don’t see any use of it right now. If you want to keep the machine working for a long run, then these motherboards are good for use.

You can use Intel Z68 motherboard. It provides a great support for the integrated graphics that the processor provides. If you overclock these processors than the feature of integrated graphics is upgraded and you can notice the huge difference yourself. When graphic card is attached, it provides a good synchronization for rendering of graphics using both, processor and graphic card. To use this integration more easily, a feature by name QuickSync is provided. It also provides support for SSD caching using Intel’s RST software.

I have worked on two types of Gigabyte motherboards of Z68 series, one is UD4 and other was UD5. UD4 is good when it comes to speed, but has a long boot loop program. I personally suggest you to take a look at MSI GD65 motherboard. I think this is what you need. If you are buying ASUS product, remember that they have bad after sale services.

Intel and Gigabytes’s Z68 motherboards are good to use, but when it comes to overclocking, its overclocked version is not much different than the original version.

I use a GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 LGA 1155 processor which is not much expensive and gives a good performance. Its performance can be further enhanced by overclocking it. It provides all the latest overclocking features which help in increasing core ratios, increase DDR3 memory ratios and more options to increase the power and current limits. Overclocking options for graphics core clock speed are also very useful. You can great quality of graphics by overclocking graphics core clock speed.