Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 latest update still has Videos of BIOS/BOOT Bugs

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 latest update still has Videos of BIOS/BOOT Bugs

So here is the thing the latest bios for Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 is the F7e which doesn’t fix anything , at first the boot bug that let the system down , and after pressing the reset button . I am guessing that pressing the restore button resets the BIOS. I got this issue at the time when I try to film the HT bug. The Hyper-Threading bug with the reset button make the HT to revert to 'Enable' while I had make it to 'Disable' on the BIOS. Is there any one here can help me on this I have been looking every where but not able to find the solution to this , I will be really glad if some one help me on this

thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 latest update still has Videos of BIOS/BOOT Bugs

I am have the same exact problem in my system as well , in fact the issue not only happens with the reset button because in case that would the problem than I would be able to make out about that since that I actually don’t use the reset button that often and that will be really be a problem . please guys I would really appreciate a little help here

That is really very annoying , I have the same board with the F5 bios version and I was thinking about updating to the F7e, although now I am thinking I would have to leave that updated as I don’t have any major issue with the current bios . also did you make sure that you have updated the Intel ME as in some cases that may be the issue that causing this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    That is really very annoying , I have the same board with the F5 bios version and I was thinking about updating to the F7e, although now I am thinking I would have to leave that updated as I don’t have any major issue with the current bios . also did you make sure that you have updated the Intel ME as in some cases that may be the issue that causing this problem
    Thanks for the reply but I would like to know that what you are actually talking about here , do you mean the drivers or firmware? Can you tell me this . thanks again for the reply

Now I know that the firmware include in the Bios update, although it would be nice that you also up date the drives as well , can you tell me what was the Bios updated procedure that you use, plus did you flash the backup that will match the main one that you updated

Well I have flashed the first bios with the DMI data unchecked. After that I have loaded optimized defaults and configured it. After that I have flashed the configured BIOS on to the second chip. Then I did the CMOS reset stuff with the battery remove for few hour. But the issue is still there . ME driver is 8.0.0.1351 is this one is latest

Well the BIOS should be better although I suggest that DOS or Qflash along with the DMI Disabled. In case you mean that . the way you said that you flash the BIOS is perfect and after that enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults ONLY, and then save/apply/reboot to the bios and make all the needed adjustment. It would be nice that you cleared the CMOS right after flashing that is best practice as you having the problem but that should be done right after the flash and you just have to do this for few minute or so , after that do the optimized and flash backup BIOS.

The ME Driver interface isn't actually an problem, it the ME firmware that present in the Bios . I ma not certain which is the latest but I guess 7.xx . although the driver does not applicable to the problem I am guessing it's the firmware contain in the BIOS

Well I don’t know if this is related but if you getting the issue that I suggest that you test the memory , lower the clock , No CPU PLL Overvoltage and also reduce the memory speeds stuff like that. Don’t use the reset button . that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim View Post
    Well the BIOS should be better although I suggest that DOS or Qflash along with the DMI Disabled. In case you mean that . the way you said that you flash the BIOS is perfect and after that enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults ONLY, and then save/apply/reboot to the bios and make all the needed adjustment. It would be nice that you cleared the CMOS right after flashing that is best practice as you having the problem but that should be done right after the flash and you just have to do this for few minute or so , after that do the optimized and flash backup BIOS.

The ME Driver interface isn't actually an problem, it the ME firmware that present in the Bios . I ma not certain which is the latest but I guess 7.xx . although the driver does not applicable to the problem I am guessing it's the firmware contain in the BIOS
    This is the exact way that I didi flash

• CMOS clear
    • load optimized defaults
    • restart
    • configure BIOS
    • restart

copy BIOS
    and I did not use the BIOS q-flash,

Quote Originally Posted by aILKE View Post
    Well I don’t know if this is related but if you getting the issue that I suggest that you test the memory , lower the clock , No CPU PLL Overvoltage and also reduce the memory speeds stuff like that. Don’t use the reset button . that would be nice

that is the second set of RAM that I am using and it is set to the standard 1333MHz/9-9-9-24/2t/1.5v. and not by any means of overclocking. CPU PLL Overvoltage is disable in the BIOS. Need to know one thing ME drivers on Intel's site they just state Intel-build boards. Is that mean that they can be used on the other board as well like Gigabyte, Asus, MSI