Thread: System with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 restarts several times

System with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 restarts several times

This is the first time ever I am using a computer system and unfortunately at the first use I encountered this issue. as already mentioned in the title my system restarts again and again before even the booting process. I am completely a non technical person and I therefore don’t understand what exactly the system is doing. Initially when I faced this issue I thought that my computer is actually starting up but then when I noticed that its taking a long time, I started noticing several different behavior at the point of start up.

Even before the first boot it would either shut down or restart again, this thing keeps on happening until and unless I turn of the machine by turning off the main switch.

Re: System with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 restarts several times

Look if you really feel that the issue is due to the motherboard or if the issue has anything to do with the motherboard than what you can do is simply update your system with the latest BIOS. The BIOS issue seems to be one of the most common one that is to be resolved. Once upon a time even I was suffering from the same issue with my GA-Z68x-UD3P-B3 board. If you really find my suggestion a helpful one and need to give it a try I would again recommend you to use a QFlash in order to update the BIOS. Also make sure that you disable the “Keep DMI Data” option on the homescreen before running the update.

Yeah I do agree with the BIOS suggestion for your reboot issue. Once you are done with flashing the BIOS and with the other necessary changes it would be really helpful for you if you copy the main BIOS to the backup BIOS chip.
    For doing this you need to shut down the machine and then restart for about 30 sec to 1 min. after you are done with the Main Bios coping to the backup BIOS chip just shut down the computer and then again restart it normally after few seconds.

I would really appreciate your suggestion and steps which however made me to update the BIOS quite comfortably but then I was sent through the QFlash number of times as I was unable to get the 'Keep DMI Data' option anywhere over there. I did the update again and again believing that the option has disappeared due to my faulty update performed but I was wrong. The update was done successfully and cleanly but then too I was unable to find that option anywhere. Is there anyone who can let me know where exactly I can find that option?

If you check on your Qflash homepage the "Keep DMI Data" Option might be the first option that appears as the first item in the list of four options. You are supposed to use the up and down option in order to hightlight the option and also you can use the "Page Up" or Page Down" keys in order to change it from Disabled to Enabled. However it is not necessary to disable the option but it can somehow help you to eliminate the possible issue with the hardware that is improperly recognized, especially in the case where you have mentioned a new component such a RAM.

Hey I guess I am having the same issue as yours. Let me explain it to you, the thing is that whenever I try to turn on my system it automatically gets shut down after about few seconds. Due to this I am not even sent to the boot screen or shown the windows logo. In fact it not even allows my monitor to get started. This thing happens for some 9 to 10 times continuously and then everything works fine as if nothing happened before.

Even if at the time of normal working if I restart or shut down and turn on the system, the computer works fine but if I try to turn on the machine after a long interval the issue occurs. I have tried several things but nothing worked. This is the first time I have seen someone suggesting to do a BIOS update; I will definitely try it and let you know the result.

I did had this same issue then believing that the issue might be due to the power cable I simply replaced the power cable including the 4 way adapter with getting any additional issue also along with that I tried to rest the CMOS by just removing the battery. after doing all this the only difference I have found between the prior issue and now is that the system gets through the boot but now it turns off just before it starts to reload the windows and this happens for same few second, so therefore we can say that the time frame has not been changed anyhow.

If you are not aware let me tell you that the new BETA BIOS built can be one that solves this issue. this BIOS update says that it “Improves Power On Issue”. I think this is one that you should be looking out for. There are people who really do not prefer flashing up their BIOS as they are scared of the negative impact if anything wrong happens

I do have the same problem. The worst thing is that I bought the same above mentioned motherboard some 3 to 4 days ago with the newest BIOS. The system worked well for couple of days but from yesterday morning I have found that after every or couple of reboots it reduces the memory speed from 1600MHZ to 1333MHz. my actual memory is 1600MHz and nothing is overclocked until now.

The only solution I have found until now is to get into BIOS settings and then raise the memory speed again to the desired number i.e. 1600MHz and then boot into the OS. After I do this everything works fine but it really feels very much irritating to do the same thing number of times. Is there not any other solution for this thing? I am sure that the issue is with the memory related.

If I am not mistaken the latest BIOS for this motherboard is FCc, so therefore it would be worth updating the BIOS to the version which I have mentioned as already told above that this version addresses the power on issue. in order to update make sure that you use a Qflash. Anyways you can get the update from HERE.