Thread: USB gets disconnected from GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 motherboard

USB gets disconnected from GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 motherboard

There is something wrong with the motherboard and the USB connection. Each time play any game I am supposed to tight the USB mouse and keyboard in order to make sure that the connection is established with no errors.
    Every time I play a video game the USB mouse and the keyboard automatically gets disconnected and then again they gets automatically reconnected. Sometime I am forced to change the USB slot for either of the mouse of the keyboard in order to make them function and in a working condition. Can anyone let me know what exactly is causing this issue?

Re: USB gets disconnected from GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 motherboard

I am not sure with the cause of the issue but I guess once if you try to flash the BIOS everything will be fine, what you need to do is to flash the backup BIOS in order to match the main. Also make sure that you are using the latest drivers from intel, there are times when the gigabyte’s site is bit behind and therefore all their install CDs are not updated properly.

Hey I too have the same problem, initially I thought that my USB mouse and keyboard was repaired but now after reading out your thread I understood that both the USB devices are fine but it’s there is something wrong with the motherboard. Now when I tried my other machine’s keyboard and mouse, even they didn’t work and showed the same behavior as that of those old devices.

I also tried to uninstall and the reinstall a fresh copy of windows 7 but that didn’t make any difference. Now currently the only fix I have found for my issue is to unplug them and then replug to some other different USB slot, either on the front of at the back which somehow makes things work well.

Better you try out a memory test, I know its quite unrelated suggestion but just to make sure that the issue is not due to memory you need to do a system memory test. And yes make sure that you do perform this test with the latest version of Memtest86+ 4.20. if you do not find this app you can simply CLICK HERE to perform the test directly. Make sure that you run at least 5 to 10 full passes or run it overnight.

I would completely agree with all above suggestion, better you perform all of them in order to avoid any inconvenience. And once you are done with all the above suggestions just double check all of your USB device settings in the BIOS and alongside also make sure that the USB3.0 Turbo is disabled and if you are not having or using it just disable ESATA3.

I have the issue still existing in my system. And for your kind information let me tell you that till now I have tried out all the possible solutions suggested by you but still the mouse and keyboard gets automatically disconnected. As told in the above post that changing the slots of the USB solves the issue, unfortunately not in my case, even if I change the USB slot to both front and back nothing works. Still the mouse and keyboard becomes irresponsive. I guess I have a bad motherboard which I need to replace or is it that I need to do a RMA.

I guess I have a bad motherboard which I need to replace or is it that I need to do a RMA.
    Yeah in your case I can probably say that the issue might be due to the faulty motherboard, better you ask for the replacement but before going on for taking this step I would recommend you to do the following the last time.
    Try to connect the keyboard and the mice on the USB 3.0 ports and see whether it helps you or not. There is certain newer Etron USB 3.0 version 109 driver that is available in the market.

i too had the same issue but fortunately i was suggested with a proper solution;Try out the following thing:
    • In Windows Task Manager
    • Set KHALMNPR.exe (Logitech software)
    • Right click the option
    • And then set it as high priority

Already it has been approved by many of the users that this GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 motherboard is a faulty one. If you really feel that the issue in your case is very much critical then better you replace it from the support center and if not then you can carry on with the suggested solutions.
    But before trying out any of the suggestion I would request you to first download and update the latest BIOS. You can get the updated BIOS from HERE.