Thread: Does Intel X79 Chipset going to get SSD caching

Does Intel X79 Chipset going to get SSD caching

I need to know this is there anyone know ant thing about this , does this going to get the SSD caching sometime on the line trough the software update . the reason that I am asking this is because at the moment the Asus' P9X79 mobo’s has this SSD caching, this is really a cool feature and something that I will like to have on my system as well . so like to know that will the other manufacture will support the SSD caching later for the X79 model at the time when the Intel will release the driver . also I want to kwon is there anyone here know how reliable Asus' SSD caching is as far as I know the Intel has the two Modes although the ASUS has only one , all I need to know that I am not losing some GB of cached data in case something unfortunate come up . can anyone here help me on this I will be really appreciate to know this ….. Thanks !!

Re: Does Intel X79 Chipset going to get SSD caching

Well I like to know that are you sure that X79 actually gives the performance advantage above 1155 for you. Most of the user it cost much although it is slower . just to you know in case you are ready to spend additional $ 600 plus on the x79 then it will be better that you get the full-size SSD boot drive in its place, it will not slower partial caching, if you understand what I mean to say

Thanks for the reply and yes it do , I required the support for additional 32 GB of memory . I want the PCI express 3.0. I require in excess of the 4 core but I am no where near t o afford the Xeon. That mean that I am unable to get the multi terabyte SSD setup. So my operation system will be running on the ssd and for other I will be using the usual driver that why I am looking for the SDD caching .

I started today I am attempting to get the SDD run on the P9X79 Pro although having few problems . I am having the memory error at the time of running the application . while the ASUS has the application that can run on the windows it self . well have to clear up the driver and reinstall later . I am using the C300 64 GB ssd drive. And the 1 TB Seagate momentous xt hybrid drive as the main HDD .

Well I wont be trust the ASUS application for doing the important stuff as the SSD caching. But I have came across few article on the web that has mention that there are few paid application that can do that you looking for but not able to remember the name of any of it

Quote Originally Posted by Marquise View Post
    Well I wont be trust the ASUS application for doing the important stuff as the SSD caching. But I have came across few article on the web that has mention that there are few paid application that can do that you looking for but not able to remember the name of any of it
    Well I was also getting the same application memory issue on the first but got mine start running today with the SDD caching , I am not certain about the use of the marvel controller , all I have to do is system reinstall and after that all the application start to run just fine . the asus application is what I have to use as there is no option for this available in the Bios and the bios is all now GUI based looks really nice .

Well that really great new but like to tell you that you better test the realiablity like copy few huge files somewhere and when copying prosess is done then take off the plug to see that if the file is still there when you start the machine , the fact that it won’t hurts to get the UPS that will allow the system to shut down gracefully in case of the power failure , all I need is that no data should lost . I am using the machine or the photo and video editing and I don’t just want to loose the DATA

I am not tell thus is correct but incase you are purchasing the X79 platform then why not you get the 128-256GB SSD for boot/app/games. That fact that the price for that has came down considerably over the pass few month or so . just put in few additional drivers for storage of media

My system configuration does have a 128GB SSD for the Operating System. although, I do plenty of picture and video editing, so it is nowhere close to sufficient for that sort of work. Yes, I will be use usual HDDs for all of my content, although if SSD caching be able to provide me still a 3x speed up above standard HDDs, why not utilize that ? It might save me lot of time in the future . that is the reason that I am interested in SSD caching on the X79 platform for the beginning