Thread: slow Performance of RAID 0 64k block on gigabyte GA-D525TUD

slow Performance of RAID 0 64k block on gigabyte GA-D525TUD

I for the first time installed the JMicron chip and as I was not with any issues previously but it seems that the issues started with the installation of JMicron chip and I made an installation of my setup on GA-D525TUD motherboard with RAID 0, 64k block and it came to my notice that the performance of my system was slow. I have an additional RAID 0 with 2x160GB along with also ~135MB/s. so can you make some suggestions for the same. Thanks in advance.

re: slow Performance of RAID 0 64k block on gigabyte GA-D525TUD

The first thing , I need to say that you need to make sure regarding the partitions are aligned to 64K and in addition to this , if you have made any creation of them with Windows installer or else disk management, they would be aligned.

It has been found that the JMicron controller's RAID presentation is not equivalent to that of the Intel controllers, this is a given, but it should be superior than what you're seeing. Also at the time when the JMicron JRAID dialog is displayed at the time of system POST, what firmware version is shown? GBT, used to make use of their own customized, rebranded firmware thus perhaps you will tend to see it illustrated as a Gigabyte RAID controller or else alike. Either means, you can post the result and let us know what you see. I suppose the most modern revision is 1.07.25. If you see something <1.07.00, probability are you will be able to get additional out of it by means of a firmware update.

As I was also concerned with this case and I dropped the thought of RAID on this board and my friend suggested to bring 40GB SSD drive for system only. And it is rather performing well in my case. So I would also suggested you to make this change if you have read this and not made changes and see to it that you don’t again get the raid on your system. So System will work as server as a result once all is installed properly it'll more often than not work in read mode what shouldn't kill this drive too quickly.

The first thing , I need to say that you need to make sure regarding the partitions are aligned to 64K and in addition to this , if you have made any creation of them with Windows installer or else disk management, they would be aligned.
    I am interested in this thing only . although your board runs the JMB363 controller , Giga-boards have had difficulty in the earlier times with early reports of Marvell controllers. Also you can make some attempts for the Intel controller as a potential quick fix . as well depending on your category of use , I suppose that your 128 bit may possibly be a tad better or somewhat faster and be more proficient on the discs.

Guys, I will also add some more information in this case which will help you and I need to say you that the intention of benchmarking by means of the Intel controller on the similar board was to verify/deny that the JMicron controller is slow.

You need to make sure about the alignment with AS SSD, and also windows installer does not for all time align, particularly if you make some creation along with delete partitions on the disk setup screen. I need to also say that you need to make use of other two sata ports on that itx board. You will also come across this one that the manual doesn't state it is permitted to have raid there, moreover bios. I didn't make sure about the board specs myself, just said Intel since it was mentioned in the guide . and yes, there is no Intel ports which holds up RAID, the J.Micron ones are the lone ones which tend to give support to the RAID.