Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No linux usb key boot for gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 03-04-2012

No linux usb key boot for gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

hello guys,I am more interested in linux operertaing syetms and so jut making good attempts to boot a debian live image on usb key. I am attempting this for first time and earlier I did some experiments with the ubuntu in addition to a different debian package which really work fine in my case. But while trying with the debian live image on usb key I am receiving an error message. Are there some guys which will assist me as they might have come across some gigabyte boards do not boot from usb keys with multiple partitions. So can you solve my case or please provide some appropriate and suitable information which will help me solve my case. .

Old 03-04-2012

Re: No linux usb key boot for gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

I need to say that I was also having some similar doubts and the issue may be reflecting due to the motherboard and the drive conflict but as it appears to work well with other OSes that wouldn't appear to be the case this time. And as you are denoting here top boot from an external device, and to boot from the pendrive or any external device , you normally have to have a FAT edition on the drive which you say the others are. That could possibly be your issue.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,