Thread: Is it possible for a wake on Lan function to work with gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

Is it possible for a wake on Lan function to work with gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

As I have switched to GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard and had some queries regarding whether I am able to wake/power up my system from remote with wake on lan function, but I am not able to see it in the BIOS page. In addition to this , I just have only Power on by ring, as well as PME event wake up. So I just wanted to inquire you all as I can make use of these features for reaching my scopes?can you give some suggestions . it would be helpful if you would provide with so.

re: Is it possible for a wake on Lan function to work with gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

Yes , it is possible for you as you ere inquiring and I need to tell you that PME event wake requires to be enabled. And I remember a case where a guy inquired in the similar matter and he was having some doubts whether he will require an extra lan card or not and assume you may be also having similar doubt and to clear the doubt I need to say that you can wake from the onboard Realtek LAN. And also there is no requirement to make use of the integrated one. And it will defiantly work in your case just try it and reply for the same.

re: Is it possible for a wake on Lan function to work with gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

You also need to make a note of one thing that some software might have compatibility issues with this, therefore some programs possibly will tend to work along with some might not, but you just keep that in mind when / if you make some attempts with other different means of waking the system.

It recently came into view about experimenting this one and I'm looking for some means to be able to start my system through an android cellphone. And I have completed the port forward from the router settings so can you suggest some to get through this idea. I'm running with Windows 7 Ultimate. What are the other requirements which are needed in my case. So to tell you regarding my matter, my PME was enabled from factory. And is there any requirement to make any configurations in windows or else any other in BIOS?

I need to discuss some same topic as I am also having same issue and my pc is usually disconnected from the power lane. I was having certain doubts as , when I plug in the plug in the socket, should the system be able to wake up from lan, or else this function tends to work only when coming from standby command or else shutdown command invoked by the operating system and so on and I found that as long as your battery dosnt tend to die while it's unplugged, it shouldn't do that . and I have found that I have to test that by myself so that I wile b able to confirm if it will work or not, and I found that there is no reason in which it will not work.it has also came inti my notice that there's an opposite alternative to set in the bios and do determine the motherboard performance after a AC power loss.

There are some guys who have a question about waking though and yes, it does matter, since the wake on lan works only when the motherboard is in certain power states which is coming from standby or else shutdown by means of operating system. In addition to this, just make sure that in BIOS at AC Back Function voice if you don't set "Memory" the system, after a power loss, will not tend to remember or else restore those power states, so wake on lan will not tend to work. Hope you got what I was saying.

So thanks for your reply as it really helped to sort out my issue and so you have to set Memory on the AC back function, and I did the same thing and it works and it really matters a lot as setting it to "Memory" makes the system to restore the last state previous to the power loss.