Thread: On windows startup gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 getting stuck

On windows startup gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 getting stuck

As it came into my view that the gigabyte site provided that the Gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 board and it has been said that they are compatible with my system requirements and then I made inclusion of it into my system. So I had some issues win this case as I found this thread on many forums but there were no solutions which i can find. So upon start up the splash screen which came up I was able to enter Bios but when it goes to Starting windows(7) it will tend to hang up right there and windows is not able to start. I have removed all hardware and I am making use of only onboard video. So what could be the issue, can you guys help me .

Re: On windows startup gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 getting stuck

I was also having similar issues and I made some attempts I for running memtest on the memory and there are no errors. i have as well removed processor and then reapplied thermal compound along with switched power supplies and it was solved. So you can here apply similar attempts .

It has been seen that this issue occurs in most of the cases and in this situation, you need to make tries for performing a MBR repair with your Windows install CD/DVD . and it has also been suggested that the best action would be a clean install. And MBR (Master boot record) is defined when you make an installation of on the old machine /setup. but if you started making use of it for any length of time there will be no issues.

As you suggested in the previous post , I made some attempts with memtest86+ in every combination and there are issues as i stick in either slot switched around and both sticks. i made several attempts with two different sets of memory along with Corsair,and they both work in another system with no issues . so I like to make an query whether it is possible it is the mobo itself? on a side note i as well attempted to make an installation of windows XP and while attempting to make an install, I got a BSOD referring to the pci.sys.

I made some attempts for the following , just have a glance on this one.
    1. I made attempts with two different hard drives
    2. two different sets of ram along with performed the ran of memtest86+ on both in addition to one at a time (Corsair, GSKILL)
    3. also made attempts with the processor in a different board with no issues.
    4. also attempted the on board video as not to have any other hardware clashes .
    5. I removed as well as re applied Tim numerous times to processor.
    But I am however not able to solve my issue. Can you make some more suggestions please.

I have this same motherboard, and cannot get it to boot, showing the BIOS screen, when there is a video card installed. I have tried NVIDIA and AMD/ATI cards, and they all fail to show the BIOS screen during boot.

Searching here, and also not getting a response from the Gigabyte support team, I have come to the conclusion that this motherboard is flawed, and will not work properly with a video card.

If anyone has this motherboard, and has gotten it to work with a video card, kindly reply, as I would like to be proven incorrect.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mongobird View Post
    I have this same motherboard, and cannot get it to boot, showing the BIOS screen, when there is a video card installed. I have tried NVIDIA and AMD/ATI cards, and they all fail to show the BIOS screen during boot.

Searching here, and also not getting a response from the Gigabyte support team, I have come to the conclusion that this motherboard is flawed, and will not work properly with a video card.

If anyone has this motherboard, and has gotten it to work with a video card, kindly reply, as I would like to be proven incorrect.

Thank you.
    Yes there is something wrong with the motherboard itself if you are quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the video cards that you were using, i have come across some people having the same issue and they had to ram the motherboard to get rid of the issue.

To clarify, do you mean ram the motherboard or RMA the motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by mongobird View Post
    To clarify, do you mean ram the motherboard or RMA the motherboard?
    Hey i am sorry for that but then i actually meant rma (Return merchandise authorization) the motherboard .