Thread: Need help for Palit GTX460 Sonic OC SLI

Need help for Palit GTX460 Sonic OC SLI

Hello friends, I am having trouble to get SLI working with new Palit GTX460 Sonic Overclocked. I am not getting the option and also Nvidia is not giving me. I am having all drivers up-to- date and BIOS for motherboard (Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H) and even I was been told that even though the second PCI slot runs at 4x then it should be affected getting SLI working. Does anyone have any suggestion and any help which can work it out for me, please tell me about it. I am also not sure that what I am doing wrong and let me tell you that I have connected SLI Bridge properly. Thank you.

Re: Need help for Palit GTX460 Sonic OC SLI

If you are having proper and also updated drivers then I think that there might be problem with motherboard, it is not been supporting SLI, so due to which you are getting problem and also not able to do it.

Let me tell you that I have heard both, that my motherboard does support and also it does not. I have figured it that I would end up getting a new motherboard in any condition. I have read that a person was having its 460 running SLI on same motherboard. Now I am thinking to get new one. So is there any suggestion for upgrade? I was planning to remain with Gigabyte for time been or might be GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, so is there any other brand which are been best then please suggest me? I have got an AMD phenom II x4 955 with a cooler master V8 and having 2x Palit GTX460 Sonic OC and 2x 2gig corair XMS DDR3, so please suggest according to this specification.

I think that motherboard which you are trying to go is been perfect for you. If you in fact look on manufacturer webpage for your present motherboard then you will get information that it does not mentioned SLI anywhere, however it is been supporting Hybrid CrossFire and also 880 chipset is having no SLI support.

I will check it and thank you for help and I appreciate it. I am going ahead and order motherboard for me. I have never installed a new motherboard before, is there anything which I should know before going ahead with process with installation of it? Please do tell me about it.

I would like to say that hardest part of new motherboard install is getting little small front panel connectors on the correct spot. Beside that you should be carefully inserting CPU. Whenever I have done it then me first insert CPU / RAM on to motherboard and then after that I mount motherboard in the case. So you can also try it for you.

I figure I would just take everything out of the old one and reverse order it all so I don't miss anything. I'm gonna have to put the cooler master in before I mount the motherboard also I think. The thing is freaking huge. My friend is going to let me borrow is anti-static armband too, I'm always worried i'm gonna short something with static, makes me really nervous with new parts. I don't need to pre-load any drivers or flash any bios first do I?