Thread: How to overwrite 2nd BIOS in Gigabyte DualBIOS

How to overwrite 2nd BIOS in Gigabyte DualBIOS

I am having Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 and GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard and I have tried updating the 2nd BIOS on a DualBIOS motherboard by holding down the Alt+F12 during POST but then it does not seems to be making any difference, I don’t think that I have missed anything here but then I don’t know what is going wrong, so is there anyone who can help me out in overwriting 2nd BIOS in Gigabyte DualBIOS?

Re: How to overwrite 2nd BIOS in Gigabyte DualBIOS

I am having Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 and GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard and I have tried updating the 2nd BIOS on a DualBIOS motherboard by holding down the Alt+F12 during POST but then it does not seems to be making any difference, I don’t think that I have missed anything here but then I don’t know what is going wrong, so is there anyone who can help me out in overwriting 2nd BIOS in Gigabyte DualBIOS?
    In that case you will have to use a PS2 Keyboard, I will suggest you to better go through the manual, it says you have to Save your Bios_01 to USB key and after that copy Bios_01 on Bios_02, so just check out the same and then let me know if you have any further issues with it.

Just to help you out in detail:
    • First just make sure that you are having stable BIOS in your Main BIOS
    • When you are ready with the same then reboot the machine and then enter the BIOS and when you get the main screen then just press F9
    • This will lead you to another screen that will be listing more information about the BIOS’es versions, so if they are appearing to be different then reboot the machine
    • Now this time press Alt + F12 rather than Del key so as to enter the BIOS and when you do so you will get a black screen with below things.

Press [Enter] to start copying main BIOS to backup BIOS...
    Her when you will press enter you will get below information
    Writing BIOS image.... xxxKb OK
    When the same process gets completed then you will get the below text
    BIOS successfully recovered! Power off or reset system!
    After that just follow the required steps and you are done.

Hey thanks for the same but then using USB to PS/2 adapter is appearing to be quite painful, I just wanted to know that why is it not possible using USB keyboard rather than using PS/2, I mean do you have an idea about the same???

It is not compulsory to use PS2 Keyboard, I have found that there are some USB keyboards that work fine as well in such cases but then it directly depends on the BIOS and they keyboard that are being used, I just wanted to share if right ALT key is not working for you then you can try to use the left one as well, there are possibilities that it might help. If you have not yet tried out the same then try it out and then let me know if it is working out for you or not.

I am really surprise to see it is working out, you really helped me here as I was not able to arrange a PS2 Keyboard currently anyways I wanted to know that when I am pressing the F9 in BIOS then it is just showing me the BIOS version and I am not able to make out if it is the main BIOS or backup BIOS version, can you help me out here with the same??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

You don’t have to worry about the same as some BIOSes show both versions where as some show just one and this basically depends on the motherboard, so if in your case you are able to see only one version, then the only way to make out what BIOS is on the backup is by flashing the bios manually, so just try out the same and find it out and after that you can follow the detailed solution that I have mentioned above. Hope that helps.