Thread: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 seems to be dead

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 seems to be dead

I have recently installed Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 and the other specs are as followed below:
    • AMD FX 8150 3600Ghz CPU
    • 2 x Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/8GH DDR3

I am only having a single graphics card fitted to the board and now the Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 seems to be dead, I am not very sure about the same but then I think so as else only the CPU fan is active, is there anything I can try out to check it out??

Re: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 seems to be dead

In that case the very first thing that you should check out is the bios, I mean that it should be just updated enough to support your processor, if not then there are possibilities of such issues to occur.

I am quite sure that this is due to the bios, I had faced the same and at that time I had to get a Semperon for flashing it, it will cost you around £30 and you will have to check out every bit as the supplier applies fines even if there is incorrect RMA'd stuff, if you are having a voltage checker then you can sue the same, if you want tan then you can use some other computer for testing out the graphics card, if you find any pattern of beeps then let me know the same for further help, if there is no beep then there are possibilities that the processor or the processor might have gone faulty or there might be some short circuit, I will like to inform you that Flashing BIOS is risky but then I don’t think that there is snay option left for you for now, so just check out the above possible things and see if any one of them is helping you out in finding out the cause of the issue.

I just wanted to inform you here that you have to run F4 minimum BIOS as far as the support for the processor is concerned, for more detail you can just check out the below link
    Socket AM3+ - AMD 990X - GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1.x)

I will suggest you to try out the below things:
    • First try out a POST with board outside the case make sure that you are resting on a NON CONDUCTIVE SURFACE to be at the safer side.
    • If that does not help then you can try to replace battery on the motherboard.

Just check out these things and then let me know what response you get for the same. I also wanted to add that the above user is right about the BIOS version for your CPU, I have found that there were a boards that were shipped with older version of bios because of which they were not capable of not supporting FX cpu out of the box. I just wanted to know that are you having the below board:
    AMD Sempron 130 Sargas 2.6GHz Socket AM3 45W Single-Core Desktop Processor SDX130HBK12GM - OEM
    You can check out the same on newegg.