Thread: Tips on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard

Tips on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard

I am looking for the help from the people here for my new build , now I have chosen the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo for my rig . but is that the perfect choice, as I have heard that the people have talk lot about the boot loop and all , is this the better choice . I will put 8GB to 16GB Ram a plain jane video card and the 1 SSD for the OS, may be bit overclock it , can any one here tell be is this the best choice or I should look for something else

Thanks

Re: Tips on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard

Yes there was an issue with the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard of the Boot loop but the latest BIOS update will solve this problem . all in all this is the best choice sound good to me

This is a motherboard that works (eventually) does, many options, build quality seem to be, but also one that seems to be afflicted with 'boot loop'. My board is rev 1.3 and bios F10 was delivered. Latest F11 BIOS has brought no improvement for me. My previous boards were Asus. Gigabyte offers more options for the money. Due to the BBG for this Gigabyte board elected. I have had any regrets. All information on the Internet, many complaints of this' boot cycling problem found. Gigabyte refers to it himself in the BIOS updates.

the board is nicely painted black with white accents and creates a classy look. More importantly, the layout of the board is also good. There is lots of room for crossfire or SLI configuration. It should be noted that like many intel boards are put back into the lanes 8x/8x once worked with two graphics cards (as opposed to 16x on a lane normally). This board is built around the latest chipset from Intel, the Z68. The Z68 is basically a combination of the previously released H and P series topped with some extras. This means that the Z series so both the overclocking capabilities of the P-series, as the IGP features of the H series. In addition, this on SRT, a technique that you used SSD as a cache for SSD-like performance to take on an entire hard disk. There is also support for Virtu, making it possible to switch between the graphics card and the IGP to switch.

the IO panel of this motherboard is very spacious with many connections. Since this is a Z-series motherboard, there are also connections for video output, namely VGA, DVI, HDMI and DispalyPort. Your monitor fits here so well on anyway. In addition, there are in addition to the normal audio connectors also an optical output. Furthermore we find a PS / 2 port on which a mouse or keyboard can be connected, in my opinion a waste of space and I'd prefer to keep 2 extra USB ports seen. Of these, namely only 6, including 4 of the 2.0 and 2 of the 3.0 variant. Fortunately there on the motherboard itself an ample amount of headers to extending this should it later prove necessary. In addition to 3 USB 2.0 headers, there is also 1 for USB 3.0, very good for the newer units, this allows for a total to 16 usb-port options. There is a possibility for 2 extra USB ports to power, so that an iPad can be recharged, a very practical feature I would like to see laptops. ESata and FireWire is also thought they were both once present on the panel, and there is also a firewire header to find. Furthermore we find on the motherboard 2 SATA 3 ports on the Intel chip and 2 on a Marvell 88SE9172 chip.

Like to tell you that Although this motherboard is not made to vigorously overclocking (there are not enough stages voltage regulators (7) on the motherboard) manages nicely. This is the best you can do yourself, the Gigabyte software converts the voltage is rather high. An advantage of this motherboard is that the motherboard can not boot because the overclocking too unstable, the data of the secondary BIOS automatically copied after the "boot" bios to repair itself. Then you can again try to overclockable.

Well it has Remarkably, the boot time longer. I have checked this several times, but it was longer, this is why I do not know. The browser seems to be a lot faster, but in practice little mark here. SuperPi has also received a boost. Because I'm still waiting on a graphics card I let other measurements currently omitted here. Overclocking on this board is well possible, there is only one major drawback. there is some disagreement about the temperatures. According gigabyte I make is 10 degrees Cooler than according to core temp. This difference is always 10 degrees and, according to the software my cpu gigabyte than 19 degrees would be running in idle, I tend to use core temp.

I am very pleased with the board, it runs my system is stable for a few weeks and it offers many possibilities to make things out to connect. The performances are good, there is enough space to overclockable and all for a reasonable price . It is even one of the cheapest S-series motherboards with SLI support, and I have found no interference of the concession for this are done. Please note that when you purchase for rev. 1.3 is, as it has pci-express 3.0, that way you're ready for the future (sata 3, USB 3, pci 3). All in all, I definitely recommend this board.

L3 cache varies according to the CPU .Supports
    1. Intel Core i7
    2. Intel Core i5
    3. Intel Core i3 processors
    4. Intel Pentium
    5. Intel Celeron processors in LGA1155

(Some processors Intel Core graphics card need, see the "list of supported CPU" for more information.)

This best board Consists of a single chip, the Z68 incorporates a USB 2.0 controller that can handle a total of 14 ports, USB 3.0 as we have already mentioned is not handled natively. The Z68 also has a Serial-ATA controller 6 GB / s capable of handling two of the six ports Serial-ATA, and obviously it is free of any bugs. We are also implemented the usual RAID: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10 and the ability to create a RAID hard disk size greater than 2.2 TB. On PCI-Express, we are eight PCI-Express 2.0, and ensures compatibility with the Intel HD Audio. MAC is proposed integrated network that will need to use together with an additional controller Intel. On paper, the new functional with respect to P67 did not immediately catch the eye and that's because except for two features, other features are identical.

Unlike the P67, the Z68 allows then to be able to save the use of a dedicated graphics card, make do with Intel integrated graphics chip. You can then use the motor QuickSync HD 3000, which speeds up some operations in video transcoding, unless you use a dedicated graphics card.