Thread: Is there anyone use PCI-e x1 slot?

Is there anyone use PCI-e x1 slot?

Don’t take me wrong judgmental but does anyone use PCI-e x1 slot and if yes than for what do you use it for . I am don’t know what to use in it , although I have thought of using it but that Is not that Important . For me this slot is not important . I was thinking if anyone here think this PCI-e x1 slot id not required consider it as a irrelevant feature just taking the extra place or is there someone still feels the need for this slot . can anyone tell anything on this I would glad to know this

Re: Is there anyone use PCI-e x1 slot?

Well I required this for the sound card . actually I was used to required the PCI slot how ever the board that I at present have did away with PCI completely that why I bought the a Xonar D2X so that I can replace the xfi gamer. The fact is that it actually on the PCI E 16 slot which is giving the 8x although the GPU that I have is obstructing the 1x slot

I never have to use this slot and in case I have to use one I might use it but the fact that the PCI has the same bandwidth as the PCI-e X1, I better off using the PCI slot instead of PCI-e X1

As far as I know the PCI has 133 Mb/ sec and the PCIe x1 has the 500MB/sec on the full duplex mode. I hope I am correct . I a m using the RAID controller on the PCI-e X1 slot. Not sure that I needed any thing else . with so many thing on my motherboard I don’t need anything much in a way of extract card .

To the extent that I know that there are still quite a few x1 cards existing such as the
    1. Cheap video card ,
    2. Modem fax,
    3. Intelligent Platform Management Interface
    4. Multiport/2
    5. SATA II RAID 2-Port
    6. wireless and wired nic

I do have the IPMI cards in my non-notebook systems

I have the 1x PCI-E wifi NIC that I use on that slot and I have been considering to have the 1x PCI-E TV tuner for a long tome now , so I guess that I will be needed this slot at least for a sometime while

At the moment no I have not using it but that said . I was having the NICs and soundcards in them before.

I sincerely believe motherboard manufacturers must get away from the x1 slot to the extent that possible. I familiar with they're mostly putting them on P55 boards where PCIe lanes are at a least amount, however the point stays . I'd much somewhat at least has a x4 slot which can be in any case be used for a small RAID HBA as well as array.

Even me I don’t have anything that uses that card. actually, I would have a preference for the PCI card above a PCI-E x1 card. I do not have any reason the actual sensible advantage to that port up till now... I've just seen people purchase PCI-E x1 cards for the reason that they akin to the novelty of the "newer, quicker" interface, even if there isn't a realistic benefit in most cases over PCI.

Even me I don’t have anything that uses that card. actually, I would have a preference for the PCI card above a PCI-E x1 card. I do not have any reason the actual sensible advantage to that port up till now... I've just seen people purchase PCI-E x1 cards for the reason that they akin to the novelty of the "newer, quicker" interface, even if there isn't a realistic benefit in most cases over PCI.

I think that you don't thought the reality that every PCI-E lane is free of each additional PCI-E lane a " realistic benefit ". No shared bandwidth, no shared bus. attempt running a RAID card otherwise a super NIC or else a fiber channel card on a PCI(-X) bus, where you'd as well love to make use of usual things like a soundcard. The PCI bus drops to the lowest frequent denominator plus your whole setup go to fall for the reason that of that 32-bit/33mhz soundcard. in addition to that I guess if you imagine 132MB/s shared among every items on the bus is above adequate for anybody (similar to 640k memory) after that you wouldn't see a great deal benefit to PCI-E and suppose it's just a novelty. Just do not criticize while your PC bogs down trying to transfer the a huge quantity of data from your raid array on the network. then again I'd like to notice every PCI lanes on motherboards go the way of the parallel port as well as serial port. It's out of date and the world wants to progress. I'd disgust to see my PCI-X cards turn out to be of no use however that same is with the VLB video cards it become of no use as well . and same is wit the ISA cards turn out to be of no use . but that is truth .

Well I have two empty 33MHz PCI slots, and have the two 2 occupied 133MHz PCI-X slots plus three occupied PCI-e x16 slots on my motherboard .
    I'd somewhat contain every PCI-e x16 slots and if you ask me it not waste real estate on outdated technology.

To the extent that I need I love to see the other obsolete technology take away from the motherboard .
    This comprise of the
    1. IDE controller (however I utilize the CF slot)
    2. Floppy controller
    3. Serial and parallel ports
    4. Mouse and keyboard ports.