Thread: Gigabyte GA-H67M -D2-B3 Rev1.1 LAN is not working

Gigabyte GA-H67M -D2-B3 Rev1.1 LAN is not working

My system specification is as followed:
    • Motherboard: GA-H67M -D2-B3 Rev1.1
    • CPU: Sandybridge i2500K
    • Ram: Corsair Vengeage 4gb
    • GPU: Radeon XFX 6870

The problem that I am facing is that the inbuilt lan is not working, I have tried updating the driver but then it did not helped, later when I checked out the Bios and I have found that the Smart Lan options are appearing to be null, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anything I can try out to get rid of this issue??

Re: Gigabyte GA-H67M -D2-B3 Rev1.1 LAN is not working

That seems to be weird can you just post the snap of the Smart Lan so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same, just take post it here for further help.

This is what I am getting:

I have uploaded the same in some other forum and a guy had suggested that it is appearing so because the there is no cable connected to the port, I am using Cat5e cable currently and he had suggested me to use some other cable but then I have checked out the manual and there seems to be more information as compared to the available in my bios even when there is no cable connected, I have also found that there is No lights coming from the port as well. Is there any workaround that I can try out to get the LAN working???

In that case I just wanted to know the following things:
    1. Have you made sure that you have enabled the onboard LAN?
    2. Have you uploaded the optimized defaults and after that save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS and have set your SATA settings as well??
    3. Have you made sure that you are having the latest BIOS?
    4. Have you tried clearing the cmos??

Just answer me the above questions for further help.

Here is answer to all your questions:
    Have you made sure that you have enabled the onboard LAN?
    I have enabled the onboard LAN
    Have you uploaded the optimized defaults and after that save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS and have set your SATA settings as well??
    I have tried out the optimized defaults but then it did not made any difference
    Have you made sure that you are having the latest BIOS?
    I am having the latest bios.
    I have not tried out the Clearing the CMOS as I don’t have much idea about the same, can you just let me know how to do it?

As far as Clearing the CMOS is concerned there are two method of doing the same:
    Clearing the CMOS for an extended period:
    • In this method first just Disconnect PSU or switch it off in the rear from the motherboard
    • After that just remove the battery and then hold down the power on button for one minute
    • When you are done with the same then just put a jumper on the Clear CMOS pin and then make sure that it sits in the same way for 8 hours approximately, it will be better if you leave it overnight.

Quick clearing of CMOS:

Here you just have to short the pins for a few second
    I will suggest you to first try out the Quick method and if it does not make any difference then you can go for an extended period, just try it out and see which possible solution is helping you out.

I have tried following both the solutions for clearing the CMOS but then it is not making any difference in my case, I have checked out other forums as well and have found a no of people having the same issue and some has mentioned that clearing the cmos has solved out their issue but then I don’t know why is it not working in my case, I have by now tried all the possible solutions that I could have but then none of them is appearing to be making any difference I really want to get it working somehow, is there any effective solution that I can try out to get it working??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I really doubt that you are having the correct drivers installed for the Realtek chip (LAN), please cross check it out and then let me know what you have got, I suspect you are having a driver issue.