Thread: AMD fusion E-450 or Intel core i3 ULV; which one is better?

AMD fusion E-450 or Intel core i3 ULV; which one is better?

I need a new laptop and I have been searching over the net extensively for the appropriate product to suite my needs. So far I have come across the fusion E-450 and the i3 ULV from intel. I mostly do some light work like surfing, emails and occasional HD movies. I saw some articles related to the technology developed by intel on power saving like the ultra low voltage. How does that affect competition? Any suggestions are welcome.

Re: AMD fusion E-450 or Intel core i3 ULV; which one is better?

If your primary purpose is surfing and HD movies I would suggest the i3 ultra low voltage. It is also a good option if you compare the e-450 against it in terms of power savings.

There is no way the i3 could play high definition movies without lags. You would be highly disappointed to find out that after the purchase. So make the right decision and go with an E-450 based laptop. I guarantee it. You won’t be sorry.

What are you talking about? The intel chip in question has an on die gpu that’s proven itself against AMD offerings almost every time. I haven’t used the ULV ones but they sure do give a blow to the competition in terms of performance/watt as I have seen them in certain benchmarks. You can totally count on the i3 to deliver. Call me an intel fanboy but the truth is the truth. AMD never was in competition with the blue giant Intel. It is more like a shared space in which Intel occupies the enthusiast and main-stream market including the mobile space which is the biggest share of market space today all thanks to the better optimized processors that are not as power hungry as the ones from AMD. AMD has the budget end. That’s it. Think wisely, choose well.

Absolutely correct. Intel has implemented better power saving features in its mainstream products let alone the ULVs. I read it somewhere that the max TDP of an i5 was a tiny 18 watts. Now that’s true power saving. Finally, I can take a trip where I don’t have to worry about my battery running out of juice.