Thread: Normal temperature of Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler

Normal temperature of Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler

Hello friends, I am having Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler and it appears to be very good, I am not sure with temperature what it should be. Let me tell you that I am getting maximum temperature at 1.33v with 4.5 GHz getting 80C in Prime and when I am playing games then it hits somewhat 65C. I have seen people running a Hyper 212+ which is also reaching till this mark. Does anyone owns Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler, and then please tell me that it is normal temperature of it? I am running a 2500k CPU. So please help me. Thank you.

Re: Normal temperature of Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler

I believe that temperature which you are getting is high for cooler; I am using Corsair Hydro Series H100. If you want to have best then Push/Pull drawing cool air into the case to get it. Even wishing to do an easy testing to check if it is an air flow problem inside of your case open the side panel and run your benchmarks and if you wanted something else then you can add fan and run them so that temperature does not increase more. If your temperatures drop when you have case is open and you can have air flow problem. In same case you must require to clear up your wiring and make definite that it is good circulation and also might require having more fans. In fact for beginners go with Push/Pull and intake air. I would like to know which case you are using if you can put up a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    I believe that temperature which you are getting is high for cooler; I am using Corsair Hydro Series H100. If you want to have best then Push/Pull drawing cool air into the case to get it. Even wishing to do an easy testing to check if it is an air flow problem inside of your case open the side panel and run your benchmarks and if you wanted something else then you can add fan and run them so that temperature does not increase more. If your temperatures drop when you have case is open and you can have air flow problem. In same case you must require to clear up your wiring and make definite that it is good circulation and also might require having more fans. In fact for beginners go with Push/Pull and intake air. I would like to know which case you are using if you can put up a link.
    I am using Thermaltake Armor A60 and also having two extra fans. I do not think that airflow will be the problem with it, but will be check it later after some days as at present I am busy with work.

I would like to say that Corsair Hydro Series H50, H60, H70, and H80 all this series is not at all impressive and it is been easily outperformed by the top air coolers and I think that H80 is very much high for 4.5 GHz.

Let me tell you that I am not familiar with it and also how H60 is been set up but if there is pre applied paste such as other user have told and also you have added thermal paste own your own, if that would be with me then high temps are definitely from too much paste. In fact you do not require plenty of thermal paste, there is a Video on YouTube which is there and tell you the method how to apply it, so better search as “how to apply thermal paste as a guide” Too much thermal paste can actually inhibit heat transfer.

I know about it and I think that it was same problem which I was having it. I believe that I was getting very much better temperature because I was using a stock cooler earlier and it appears to be very much nice but at present I have realize that there is something wrong with it. Will be doing it as my "PC Project" today after work.

I have done it and temperature is the same. So should I use it very much less? When I was trying it then paste did not cover whole CPU and due to which I have added little more. I have started with a line method, I have a question that should I not cover the whole CPU and also one line method is proper to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Udi-Baba View Post
    I have done it and temperature is the same. So should I use it very much less? When I was trying it then paste did not cover whole CPU and due to which I have added little more. I have started with a line method, I have a question that should I not cover the whole CPU and also one line method is proper to do it?
    I am sure that it is paste problem. What I can is that is very much small to bad and also very much to be bad. But I would err on the side that is little bit too little. Presently a pea sized drop in the center and then add the cooler, in my opinion.

That is what I did and now temps went basically, back to normal. 1-4C more than they were before and I am thinking of doing even less. Does the whole CPU need to be covered or just most of it, because the rice method doesn't cover the whole thing?