Thread: What PLL to use with Intel Desktop Board DG965RY?

What PLL to use with Intel Desktop Board DG965RY?

Hi all, I am using the Intel Desktop Board DG965RY and I am wondering that what PLL should I use with this board. Can someone provide me some suggestion for this? Please reply ASAP. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: What PLL to use with Intel Desktop Board DG965RY?

You can make use of the SetFSB. If the manufacturer of your motherboard does not have a program that lets you overclock, use SetFSB. This tool provides almost all helping hand. SetFSB is a software to change the CPU frequency by applying a new value on the FSB of the motherboard. This is providing an interface giving access to a quick start, however this software is only for experienced users. To increase the processor frequency, just increase the FSB and click on "SetFSB." SetFSB also has a preference to boost the FSB further than its ability to obtain a very elevated frequency.

You can use the SetFSB but you should be very careful while overclocking. If you increase the frequency then that will lead to increase in CPU temperature. So while doing this, it is better idea to make use of cooling system. This will keep you on safe side.

SetFSB is a tool that can change the speed of data bus FSB, SDR, AGP and PCI through a slider to alter the frequencies proportionally. There are certain pros and cons of this and that I am listing below:
    Pros
    • Detection of motherboards with a click
    • Profile editing tool
    • It is portable

Cons
    • No help or assistants

Everything is having its negative and positive sides and if you ignore benefits of this by looking to just one issue then this will be wrong decision. I would like to tell you that the SetFSB is also having an alternative known as the "Ultra FSB" and this will be used to increase the FSB outside its capability to acquire a superior frequency. Before you SetFSB used, you need to Clock Generator know your motherboard.