Thread: Misidentification of Sporadic CPU on intel s5000pls

Misidentification of Sporadic CPU on intel s5000pls

As I could not find any solutions in this case, I am approaching towards you and I hope you might help in my case. as , to state with it we have seen a spike in BIOS error code 8110/8111 type errors on our my system by making use of Xeon 5000 sequence. in addition to this , I came across that there is some information which is accessible from intel on the root nature of this problem but I have only found information on retesting the CPU or else power cycling so that it is able to work. But however if you guys help me in my case, I will be thankful.

Re: Misidentification of Sporadic CPU on intel s5000pls

I have well understood your issue and I have found from some sources that this issue occurs if you don’t have a latest bios.or are you having an latest BIOS? And Does it occur only happen during POST? In addition to this , I would like to also inquire whether there any errors when the OS is running?

Thanks for the reply. But in this case I am not confirmed with my bios is of latest or an older one which is validated. As it is fraction of a medical device BIOS updates have to validate in fulfillment with FDA Regs. I currently dont have access to any of the systems but it came to my notice that the BIOS version was S5000.86B.10.00.0081, along with that the BMC firmware version was 0.59.

I think you are concerning to the processor issues and you should get in concern with the processor . I would inquire as which processor are you making use of ? you need to make a note that if it’s possible for you, you should run the SEL Viewer so that you are able to grab system logs and see if there're any issues .