Thread: Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC fails to POST

Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC fails to POST

Well I am having Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC. As I am getting flash light of the fan but system does not seems to booting. i require to remove power supply couple of times to resolve the thing but it did not seems to working at all. can you tell me why I am suffering from the above mentioned problem? any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC fails to POST

Which PSU do you using? Is it new PSU? As far as I can remember some of the fan with the LED can cause the issue in case it is powered by using motherboard headers.

Right now I am having couple of LED on Zalman heat sink fan. Rest of the led are powered by fan control which is getting power through PSU itself. So far power supply is concerned I am having 750 Watt Corsair which is more than enough for this particular motherboard. I am wondering that I should simply unplug Zalman fan and see what results do you getting.

Do you have having case fan which are having LEDs? Does those LED are disconnected through the motherboard headers? If your answer is yes then I am suspecting that entire issue is associated with configuration. The remedy in this particular situation is that you have to replace your fan with LEDs with the fan which is not having LED. I think once you have done with the same I am sure you will get rid out from the above mentioned problem.

Could be there is a compatibility issue between the PSU and motherboard which you are using? I let you know that I was suffering from the above mentioned issue as well. I got another PSU and it worked like Charm. Also I came to know that Intel people are working on the incompatibility issue happening between on intel motherboard and Corsair PSUs. The PSU which you have mentioned over here is working with many other motherboards but there is sort of incompatibility which is causing the issue.

As you are going to power off your system through OS then you are going to refer G2 Global Soft Off State in which you will be able to select shutdown or simply press the power button so that you can shut down your computer. this particular motherboard is having support for G1/S3 which suspends ram where as G1/S4 is suspend to disk

After going through the thing which you have stated over here ACPI G2 (S5) global state after enabling shutdown through option available in operating system itself. The motherboard wont do POST however there would be flashing of some LED as well as spinning of HSF fan. You will also get rid out from the clicking noise. The entire process would get completed into fraction of the second.