Thread: Intel DP67BG is entering "power loop" when resuming from sleep after updating bios

Intel DP67BG is entering "power loop" when resuming from sleep after updating bios

My system runs on windows 7 And it is having Intel DP67BG mainborad and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it after updating the bios and now when the system is resuming from sleep then it is entering "power loop" cycle and I have to remove power and start it to get it working properly again, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving this issue??

Re: Intel DP67BG is entering "power loop" when resuming from sleep after updating bios

My system runs on windows 7 And it is having Intel DP67BG mainborad and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it after updating the bios and now when the system is resuming from sleep then it is entering "power loop" cycle and I have to remove power and start it to get it working properly again, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving this issue??
    I just wanted to know that have you made any changes in the bios settings??? If yes then change them back to what they were and if not then try enabling deep s4/s5 sleep support and see if it is making any difference, if you have not tried these things out then try them out and let me know what you get.

Re: Intel DP67BG is entering "power loop" when resuming from sleep after updating bios

I have not changed anything in the bios but then now after your suggestion I have tried enabling deep s4/s5 sleep support but then it is just not making any difference, I have tried rolling back the bios as well but then it did not helped, I am currently not using sleep mode and I have set the same to never but then I want to solve out this issue, I am quite sure that this issue is with the new release of the bios and nothing else.

I have been facing the same issue but then I have not yet found a solution for the same, I had updated the bios to latest 2161 release but then I have not yet tried out rolling back the bios as it was mentioned there that with 2161 you can’t roll back to 2111 or earlier. So I don’t want to take a risk of bricking it. I have checked out other forums for this issue and have found a no of people facing BIOS error 1E before it reboots but then intel does not seems to be fixing this out.

Hey guys I think I can help you here, I was facing the same issue previously and have solved it out somehow, after going through a lot of trouble shooting I have fixed the sleep issue by updating the bios to the latest non-reversable BIOS v2161 and now I am not facing the same power loop error 1E. I will like to share that this might not work for those who overclock their system as I had done the same and I was still getting the same error. It won’t occur without overclocking , so if you all want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out as well or not. If not then I don’t think that there is any other workaround that one can try out rather than resetting the bios or waiting for the next release. Hope it helps.