Thread: Ivy Bridge Datasheet release date?

Ivy Bridge Datasheet release date?

I have been hearing several rumors, reports and threads regarding the ivy bridge processors from Intel. So far there is no official news from the Intel side yet. Does anyone know Intel going to release its Datasheet from Ivy bridge processor?

Re: Ivy Bridge Datasheet release date?

I heard that the Ivy Bridge is estimated to launch on early Q2 2012. You already know that the product is not released and not even the Datasheet. So it is impossible to provide any technical specifications. There is no leaked data sheet at all. Once the document is available, then it will be possible to provide some more information about these processors. I am looking forward for the Intel(R) press room.

Thanks to a leaked roadmap through a Chinese forum, we can glean some interesting details about the upcoming Ivy Bridge CPU Intel and their associated platforms. It also clarifies some points up till now not well defined; especially what surrounds this platform in terms of TDP ratings. Reportedly we can expect a maximum of 77W TDP only for high-end models, a large decrease of the peak having Sandy Bridge 95W by the new manufacturing process 22 nm.

At the end of April you should get the new processors to 22Nm.

What motherboards will be available for compatibility?

I plan to change motherboard and processor, but will wait to do this in September, now I just want to know what will come in the coming months and what would you recommend. Of course change even cooler, though I do not need something complicated or expensive ... so I no longer overclock, take the processor directly to 3.0GHz + or more.

The new platform Ivy Bridge, as in Sandy Bridge processors are unlocked in the series 'K', so in these, the 77W TDP may not be fulfilled and a little higher. Looking further, there are entries for quad-core 'S' of 65W and SKUs "T" not unlike the Sandy Bridge 45W, and finally an entry for a dual core SKUs 35W.

According to persistent rumors circulating the web, it seems that the debut of the first solutions on Intel architecture Ivy Bridge should be the next April 29. The first Ivy Bridge processors to be presented will be those belonging to the family for desktop Core i7 and Core i5. To be precise, there should be 4 CPU Family 6 CPU Core i7 and Core i5 for the family. Simultaneously with the introduction of these new processors will be also presented new motherboards based on chipsets Z77, Z75, H77 and B75. As we clearly see the new processors Ivy Bridge will replace virtually all existing models in the Series 6, with the exception of H61 ways of resolving it will continue to remain.

Growing waiting for the new Intel family of Ivy Bridge, after the promises of improvement on Sandy Bridge, should arrive in April to about $ 330. In benchmarks, the promises of improvement compared to a Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge seem to be maintained equal to the price: the CPU industry has been an average improvement ranging from 5 to 15 percent, did even better integrated graphics , which now allows you to also play the latest games, provided you give up quality or resolution. Also interesting is the consumption, which on average was lower than 30 watts, with significant improvements especially in intensive use, a sign that the 'architecture to 22 nm works well.

The new platform will allow Intel to take advantage of DIMM clock frequency exceeding 3 GHz, using four modules, and still more if it uses a smaller number, which the current platform does not allow Sandy Bridge. Overclocking enthusiasts are already eager to get this. The next Intel Ivy Bridge processors allow the use of RAM clocked at over 3 GHz, and four DIMMs. Intel has in fact improved the memory controller, compared to present Sandy Bridge.

There are no updates yet. The datasheet is still pending to come. I found a date on intel site which says that they will release that in the second quarter of 2012. This datasheet will provide technical specification of cpu. Also the datasheet offer you a block diagram of I/O devices. Anyhow I had tried to find the datasheet on that but nothing was found. I hope Intel will provide information that soon. They had not yet provided exact detail on the datasheet.

The datasheet usually release when the product is out. But still I had not found any exact information on the release of datasheet. Luckily I found this image which shows that this the actual datasheet of Intel Ivy Bridge processor. I am not sure that this is true to which extent. But I think this might provide more highlight on the processors specification.