Thread: HELP PLEASE Asus p8z68-v pro only showing 8gb when I have 16 gb install HELP PLEASE

angry HELP PLEASE Asus p8z68-v pro only showing 8gb when I have 16 gb install HELP PLEASE

I have recently updated firmware of Asus p8z68-v pro motherboard to 3203 .Now when I go into the bios it only show 8gb ram but I have 16GB RAM install . ( g skil DDR 3 1600 all the info in the ram are the same apart from the part number). I have tryed doing everything but no luck . Please help me to solve this issue.
    Thanks

Re: HELP PLEASE Asus p8z68-v pro only showing 8gb when I have 16 gb install HELP PLEASE

Prior to the BIOS upgrade done on your Asus p8z68-v pro, was it detecting all the 16 gb ram that you have seated on the motherboard? How did you updated the firmware of the asus board by the way? If you right click on the "my computer" and go to properties how much ram is it showing to you? What is the operating system you have installed on your pc?

Sorry I ment iv just brought the motherboard new and was already on the lastest bios

Thanks for your reply

And on my computer it show 8gb aswell and am on window 7...iv tryd everything the mobo is working fine n so are the ram..

Re: HELP PLEASE Asus p8z68-v pro only showing 8gb when I have 16 gb install HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Saheed View Post
    Sorry I ment iv just brought the motherboard new and was already on the lastest bios

Thanks for your reply

And on my computer it show 8gb aswell and am on window 7...iv tryd everything the mobo is working fine n so are the ram..
    I have found one having similar issue, you can just go through the below thread and see if you are able to get any help from it.
    After updating Asus p8z68-v pro firmware it shows 8GB RAM instead of 16GB and unable to get in to BIOS

Thanks for the reply iv already been thrw all that..iv email one of guys who got the same problem as me but he not reply back yet

Quote Originally Posted by Saheed View Post
    Thanks for the reply iv already been thrw all that..iv email one of guys who got the same problem as me but he not reply back yet
    Have you tried out using single memory at a time and then seating the other one after that, i mean in the 1,2,3 and so format?? you can also try seating the ram in different slots and check out if it is making any difference.