Thread: Diagnosis tools for Intel Core i7-2600K

Diagnosis tools for Intel Core i7-2600K

Currently I am using the Intel core i7-2600K installed on a MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) board and it is working well with Windows 7. But today When I booting up, screen freezes where four color swatches start swirling around to make the MS flag. The system can boot Memtest86+ v4.2 and reports no memory problems. Every other peripherals have been checked like DVD driver and graphics card. Tried the system using onboard graphics only with new HDD. Tried the default BIOs settings with most unnecessary hardware disabled. Still the same thing.

At least I have tried with Ubuntu boot CD but here also boots but then freezes. I don’t have another processor to check it or different motherboard. So if there is an Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool that runs under Windows then that would be very helpful to solve the problem.

Re: Diagnosis tools for Intel Core i7-2600K

With the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool you can verify the functionality of a CPU. In the course of diagnosis, the mark can be identified; the operating frequency of the processor checks test certain processor functions and run a stress test on the processor. The diagnosis can be configured to run in two different modes, the presence of the test mode or verification mode. In addition, the diagnosis for activation (execute) or disable () transitioning the individual standard configurations can be configured. The system requirements for the test with the Processor Diagnostic Tool are in the user described.

I have heard about this tool and the fact is it does more than what we expected. The diagnosis can help to solve problems of stability or even if we are suffering "blue screen" that are due. This tool provides us Intel gives us information such as frequency, bus frequency, cache, temperature, model, etc. This tool also has a function of "stress" for the processor, which is basically to test your CPU taking it to high levels of processing. Intel does not recommend using this tool if the processor which will execute the test is done overclocking, because the damage could be severe.

The Processor Diagnostic Tool is compatible with multi-processor systems. It is important that in this system configuration, only one Intel processor is tested. The tool does not support pasting of multiple processors in a multiprocessor system configuration.

If you have stability problems or blue screens are a frequent visitor, and your computer has an Intel compatible, then you can download and use the official Diagnostic Tool. The tests include verification of the model, its frequency, bus, and memory cache. It can also detect temperature values, the performance of specific instructions, and even perform a stress test on the processor. However, Intel suggests that the utility is executed in normal environments, and does not recommend operation in a computer with overclocking ... not surprising.

Intel diagnosis tool will deploy a comprehensive report detailing log as strictly CPU performance in categories such as frequency, cache, bus, floating point, temperatures, and also inform about the legitimacy or otherwise of the processor . The stress of the microprocessor is measured in intensity and leaves nothing to chance as to the reading of its most profound, so often a test of this kind may save the life of a dying processor. If your computer has faulty CPU, then the diagnosis tool will not able to do a proper test on the processor.

If you have any doubt about your processor you should make a diagnosis of your processor to see to what functions it offers, as well as the exact name of it, clock frequency, and much more. Is carried out alongside a small load test, they can enable or disable individual points after the standard configuration of the processor or not.

Have you noticed something wrong with your Intel processor?

Want to know if all internal functions are in order?

Do you think that some factor such as temperature may be causing problems?

There are many tools that can help you check and verify that we have mentioned, but something that may not all know is that Intel gives users their own official diagnostic tool . The Diagnostic Tool is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7, although the software requirements are not entirely common. In addition to version 2.0. NET Framework, also requires the presence of Java on your computer.