Thread: USB 3.0 and LAN Driver not supporting DX79SI board

USB 3.0 and LAN Driver not supporting DX79SI board

There seems to be some issue with the USB 3.0 driver and LAN driver of my system. I own a Intel dx79si system and both the above mentioned USB driver and LAN driver are installed in it but which were somehow working well and were also very much compatible with the motherboard.

The first thing I have noticed is that the drivers seems to be interfering with the Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection, actually this gigabit Network Connection was actually not able to start successfully. Also found that the system was unable to load, in fact I would hang while loading. I have windows 7 installed in my machine. Is there anyone who can at least let me know what exactly could be the main cause of this issue? I am really confused, let me tell you that only and motherboard and the processor are the two things that are currently new in the system.

Re: USB 3.0 and LAN Driver not supporting DX79SI board

I have some recent updates regarding the Renesas USB 3.0 driver. I have read that this latest Renesas USB 3.0 driver by the intel driver page is actually cause certain issue, few of them are mentioned below:
    1. LAN device cannot be started properly and successfully
    2. Windows 7 system would freeze at the time of booting

And the only solution for these two issue was obviously to uninstall the USB 3.0 driver, after the uninstallation the issue was resolved in most of the cases.
    In my case the issue is that now I cannot be able to use any USB 3.0 ports. Not just me there are many of the users who are waiting for a quick an positive response by the intel manufacturer.

I bought this DX79SI board some few weeks ago and until now I have been facing no such problems with it. And for you kind information let me tell you that I am myself is a system engineer so therefore it actually doesn’t bothers me if I encounter any such problem because I believe that I can solve those issue if came in my system.

Anyways can you let me know the complete system configuration of your machine If possible especially about the video card also if possible please get me a copy of msinfo32 so that I could make out the cause of your issue. Also let me know whether you are running a RAID or non-RAID.

Having the exact same issue, very much frustrated with it, even in my case I have noticed that system hanging issue while loading also there is same issue with Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection. Let me tell you that I have an extra Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller device that appears under “Universal Serial Bus controllers”, which actually leaves some two USB 3.0 Host Controllers and 1 Hub in Device Manager.
    • Motherboard: DX79SI
    • CPU: Core i7-3960X
    • Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL10-8GBZL x4 (8GBx4)
    • BIOS: 0380
    • BIOS configuration: default
    • RSTe: RAID

There are currently on two major issues that are mainly reported at the care center and for you knowledge, those two issues actually appears to be very much unrelated to each other and very much related to those which are reported. Those two are:
    • When USB optimization is enabled in the BIOS the USB 3.0 Host Controller shows up not as an unknown device which you see but as a yellow bang. But anyways they both can be related somehow
    • There are few reports with the F6 drivers. People face certain instability while using this F6 driver. This issue can be due to some wrong installation of the USB

Seems like this DX79SI USB3.0 controller is itself problematic from the time of its manufacturing, I am having certain issues with the USB controller. My device manager use to tell me that “This driver could not be started”, I also made sure that the USB optimization was turned on but then too I was given with the same message.

I am currently running window 7 64 bit OS onto my system. There are certain cases where my PC gives me BSOD or just hangs up, during that time nothing works out even after trying certain things.

Until now the only possible solution I got is to disable or turn off USB 3.0 support from the BIOS, so now you can say that currently I am running my machine with no USB 3.0 support. Read in many of the sites and forums that people who are trying to update Renesas uPD720200 Firmware to their motherboards are either successfully implementing it or they fails to do so. Not sure with the DX79SI board.

Any one who facing any problem with this board is using XMP memory with the XMP profiles enabled? If anyone fulfils this criteria then please make sure that you disable this XMP profile and then check out whether it makes any difference or not.

Other thing is that if you are not running your system overclocked then you can try out making a slight increase in the memory voltage with this XMP profile enabled and then see the change and post here.

Everyone is having the same problem but none of them I guess has come up with a proper solution for it. Even I am having the same issue from the time I built my system but the only difference now and then was at that time I had a temporary fix for this problem. I was able to sort it out by updating to the latest BIOS revision. But few days later after the new system built I installed a Blu-ray software for my blu-ray drive and from then onwards I am not even being able to try out the temporary solution.

I am having a USB 3.0 device; it is a AFT PRO-37U internal USB3.0 media reader. Whenever this the USB 3.0 device is connected to the internal USB 3.0 header the system is hanged for a temporary while booting.

If you check out the intel’s user guide or manual you would find that their internal USB 3.0 header has the same pinout as of the other motherboards like ASUS. I have a AFT card and unfortunately they have also not mentioned or specified about its pinout in their manual.

Somehow I had a look at the pins with the multimeter and found that this is actually a layout and noticed that the quick reference guide has a faulty layout. Can anyone who have the problem and who have checked out the pins let me know whether the front panel they are using comes up with a solid connector or it just have a multiple connector that are needed to be plugged in a correct manner and order.