• CPU: i7-3930K
    • RAM:G.Skill F3-17000Cl9Q2-32GBZH XMP PC3-17000 4GBx8
    • Graphics: Asus EAH6850
    • PSU:CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W
    • Case: CoolerMaster HAF X
    • CPU cooling: Corsair H100
    • HDD: SSD OCZ Vertex 3 MAXIOPS 120GB
    • Blu-ray burner: Pioneer BDR-206DBK

Whenever I try to turn on the computer then I found that the light on motherboard is red a nd the reset light is green. There is no beep sound or anything. I am not able to understand that what is the wrong with this. All the parts are new in this system. Can you somebody tell some of the possibility for this problem. Please help…

Re: New Intel X79 build failed to power on

There might be the grounding issue with this and for this you can try by taking out the motherboard out of the case and then try to turn this on. I am not telling that this is the only issue with it, but it is one of the most possible reasons for this issue.

If the system is not starting then there are two possibilities for this. First the RAM is not getting detected but if your motherboard is not making any beep noise as you have mentioned then the possibility of RAM to be faulty is less. Second thing comes to the CMOS battery. If you cannot find any other reason for this problem then you can try by changing the CMOS battery and use a new one. Many of the times this solves the problem and I hope that it will do the same for you.

Check that all cables are correctly connected and that none of play cable not plugged may be sufficient to prevent the computer from working. Also check the keyboard and mouse , even if a key is not blocked sensible prevent system startup. Check that all fans running ( power , CPU , housing ...). If the system detects a fan grilled or clogged with dust, it will prevent the boot. In order to diagnose if the problem is one of the devices, remove any newly installed hardware or peripherals. This may cause a conflict , and prevent system startup.

Now you are going to test all the hardware of the PC, either by removing them one by one and trying to boot the PC if it can operate without (a memory module among others, a hard disk secondary, CD player, DVD, floppy disk drive) or by replacing them with others, either by testing them on another computer ( graphics card , hard drive , power supply , groundwater IDE or SATA , etc ...)

If any of these steps provides a solution, it remains to a possible failure of the motherboard (most common) or processor. These components are very expensive, will be the ideal for modern hardware, have them tested by a professional