Thread: 4GB or 8GB RAM for Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX laptop?

4GB or 8GB RAM for Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX laptop?

I am planning to upgrade the ram of my laptop. Though I know that my laptop is not so good in performance however I m just thinking that whether upgrading the ram would solve the task for me. So that’s what I was thinking. Currently I am having a 2GB ram in my laptop and I don’t play so high end games as well in my laptop. I am very much fed up with such a slow and disaster performance of the laptop so that I am thinking to upgrade the RAM. Anyways if you all want to have a look at the current specifications of my laptop then below is the given list

Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 700MB display memory
    Windows xp 32 bit
    AMD V140 2.3Ghz single core processor

Re: 4GB or 8GB RAM for Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithi View Post
    I am planning to upgrade the ram of my laptop. Though I know that my laptop is not so good in performance however I m just thinking that whether upgrading the ram would solve the task for me. So that’s what I was thinking. Currently I am having a 2GB ram in my laptop and I don’t play so high end games as well in my laptop. I am very much fed up with such a slow and disaster performance of the laptop so that I am thinking to upgrade the RAM. Anyways if you all want to have a look at the current specifications of my laptop then below is the given list

Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 700MB display memory
    Windows xp 32 bit
    AMD V140 2.3Ghz single core processor
    8gb is waste of money. If you want then you can upgrade it to 4GB but still your OS is 32 bit that’s why I think 2GB would be enough for your laptop.

So that’s the suggestion from my side for you all.

Yes I agree with what above user is saying here. 2GB is completely enough for you. Well there are many reasons why your laptop might not work well or will give disaster performance. Once can be the processor, the other thing is the memory. Check how much free memory if there in the system. Update all the drivers and then see how the system is working.

4GB ram is very much suitable for the 64 bit operating systems. So that’s why I would say rather don’t upgrade and waste your money.

See as such you said that you aren’t much in the gaming and plus if you don’t have the habit of running many programs simultaneously then 2GB of ram is enough for you. If you have the habit of running various high end programs simultaneously and also if you feel that your system is quite poor in performance then only think of upgrading to 4GB ram, 8GB of ram is a simply waste don’t go with it.