Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Raid not working on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 23-03-2012

Raid not working on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Can anybody assist me through this issue where Windows Install is not observing my drives in Raid mode other than when I put them into ACHI windows installation determine to locate the drives why. Please help I had purchased 2 OCZ Agility III 240GB just to run them in Raid 0 on this board and not be able to do that, I am not able to find out what I am doing wrong here need some help here.

Old 23-03-2012

Re: Raid not working on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Well, as it turns out, subsequent to a couple hiccups my fault. The whole thing installed absolutely well. Even through an OCZ Petrol SSD boot drive and a pair of WD Black, 1.5 TB drives forming a raid 0 arrangement for /home and /var. Much tweaking necessitate for those, other than after I had acquire past the to some extent undocumented necessity of creating a diminutive (200MB) EFI boot partition at the front of the drive Xubuntu 11.10 installed without a hitch.
Old 23-03-2012

It is a brand innovative build. In this you have to position SATA mode to RAID, Setup innovative RAID. The volume on 2 128 SSDs, Start Windows install, subsequent to first screen acquire following error message: Required CD/DVD drivers not originate. If I set SATA mode to AHCI, Windows install starts extremely well, does not ask for drivers, other than my RAID Volume is not recognized and stop up as 2 separate drives through letter assignments.
Old 23-03-2012

I desire to install them as RAID 0. My most recent ASUS Motherboard (1155). This similar RAID 0 installation went off exclusive of a hitch. I this the SSDs are connected to the INTEL SATA 3.0 sockets. The DVD drive is plugged into the INTEL socket in addition.
Old 23-03-2012

Subsequent to a month of having this board, you are tranquil endeavoring to acquire it to work. Commencing from SSD Caching. Did you observe the video that to facilitate was positioned in your first query regarding this earlier. Did you follow the steps that with the intention of were make available by that most of the users. What SSD are you endeavoring to utilize for caching. I believe to acquire the SSD caching to work you determine to necessitate to plug the SSD and the HDD in the Asmedia SATA 6GBps Ports on your Mobo, the Rampage IV Extreme.
Old 23-03-2012

As an owner of a R4E as far as I be able to observe commencing from my usage and bios setting the R4E does not sustain or maintain SSD caching. Any R4E owner through SSD caching working your welcome to prove me if I am incorrect. In addition do not forget to update the BIOS of the Board to the most recent one that is obtainable from the website itself.
Old 23-03-2012

It is a software, how hazardous is it going to be to endeavor after spending big bucks on a motherboard and missing out on a characteristic which half the world desires additional than not be able to afford it. You download it, install it and let us be familiar with Of course subsequent to you acquire the processor I guess.
Old 23-03-2012

Well, you are mistaken. It not be able to do crap to the rig, it's a OEM Software, and they are the safest to fool approximately through. Particularly in view of the fact that they say, utilize a empty SSD. I actually do not observe it effecting the hardware in nonetheless what so ever, no controllers messed through, no BIOS setting around through, no thermals effected. Additional than in view of the fact that you FEEL, that it might affect the rig. You be supposed to stick through just utilizing the given characteristics that the Mobo Manual and literature suggests.
Old 24-03-2012

I have comprised a Sabertooth X79, the similar ASUS SSD Caching, you necessitate to utilize the ASMedia or Marvell (not Intel) SATA3 ports. Then open the AI Suite and configure commencing from there; I by no means install the AI Suite. IMO it's a waste, and I have encompassed no desire to utilize it or set it up. I have comprised a large SSD and if I desire actually fast then RAID 0 SSD's, or SSD + RAM Drive (or RAM Cache). Cache drives have encompassed a extremely short lifespan through constant Writes, in contrast a dedicated SSD MUCH few writes. If you do not have your CPU yet then how are you running into epic failures.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , , ,