Thread: Temperature rises very quickly on AMD Phenom II x4 960T

Temperature rises very quickly on AMD Phenom II x4 960T

Recently I have just received my innovative cooler Xigmatek Loki SD963 and subsequent to that I tried to OC my CPU. I had OC it to 3.8ghz @1.4125 V [ 200 x 19 ] + CPU-NB 2400 @1.2500V commencing from side to side the C1E, C'n'Q and Spread Spectrum put out of action. I have encompassed to mention that to facilitate the temperatures are ok at 3.4ghz [ 200 x 17 ]. I had attached two printscreens, initial one includes the temperatures in full load at 3.4ghz and the subsequent one contain the temperatures in full load at 3.8ghz. The CPU temperature seems ok additional than the CPU Core temperature, the one that with the intention of actually matter it's huge. It is actually strange for me and I really do not be familiar with what might be the problem. Hope I will acquire some assist from you.

Re: Temperature rises very quickly on AMD Phenom II x4 960T

I am not be able to quit tell what your temps are for the reason that it is too diminutive. Additional than from what I be able to tell, it give the impression of being similar to the program is bugging out. If you might make sure them in the Bios, that to facilitate might give you an additional accurate idea of what your temps are. It is not going to give you full load temps, additional than it determine to give you accurate idea of where you stand through your overclock. In addition perhaps try another monitoring program similar to cpuid monitor that is what I utilize anyway.

You have to download HWmonitor and observe what that to facilitate and reads as those core temps are not probable so AIDA is reading the sensors wrong , position back through a screen of the HWM window I would tranquil check them in bios to create certain. The bios temps are true temps. The Cpuid monitor works for AMD extremely well.

I have by no means had a problem through it, and my system is a PIIx4 965 gives the impression of being like you are stuck through utilizing the socket temp to read temps. Just presently out of curiosity, you do not happen to have encompassed and core unlocker enabled in the bios as having that to facilitate and enabled screws the temp readings , if it is enabled just presently put out of action it and check temps the entire in excess off again.

Had a brainfart and realized that to facilitate hwmonitor is completed by cpuid. You might in addition try core temp or real temp. One works most excellent for Intel, other than I not be able to remember which one. In addition as Keny said core unlocker determine to mess up the temps. The entire programs are reading the sensors commencing from the same place.

A number of users have encompassed dissimilar offsets by default, and a number of users prefer the interfaces of some programs, additional than when the temperature sensors are reporting wrong values, no program determine to read the correct values. The merely better program in this case is one where you be able to manually set the offset and anticipate that the sensors are somewhat precise, if not accurate.

Looks similar to the sensor on you are CPU is screwed , my 960T is in addition screwed other than not as terrible as yours, mine determine to read well below additional than by no means high, I imagine these chips are coming out through bogus readings more often than not recently, I read my core temps by a rough guess of -7c lower than my CPU temp which it give the impression of being like you are motherboard is reading appropriately, that is all I be able to suggest and as I say that's what I am doing.

I had accomplished something to stabilize it at 3.6ghz 16 x 225 @ 1.3125 V CPU Vcore and CPU-NB at 2250 @ 1.2500 V. I have encompassed and in addition changed the thermal compound a small number of minutes ago to be sure that is not the predicament and at 3.7ghz subsequent to 15 minutes in Prime95 I had acquire it the entire in excess off again. Maybe the sensor it's not capable to read temperature on high frequency/voltage.

The sensor is not working appropriately. Did you make sure the temp in the bios. That is where you necessitate to make sure it. If it is messed up there then you be familiar with for sure that to facilitate the probe is not reading appropriately. If it is superior then it's the program not reading it right. The temperature in bios might not be commencing from the CPU core other than from the motherboard socket area below the processor.

Yes, I previously told you, the temperatures in BIOS are the similar as several other software reports. The temperatures in Idle are always extremely well, the problem is in full load. Well, you determine to just have comprised to experiment through it both ways. The configuration that to facilitate gives you the highest fps might be the one to go with.

Just make sure you do a number of temp monitoring as a four core commencing from HWMonitor and take note of the degree of difference connecting core temp and CPU temp as you determine to lose the capability to monitor core temp when you unlock cores. The differential determines to remain constant whether you run it as a four core or as a six core. Core temps are the critical ones so you desire to be capable to calculate that with the intention of when you switch to a six core.