Thread: Does ASUS owner of ASRock?

Does ASUS owner of ASRock?

As the title of thread is saying, what I am looking to discuss over here. Does ASRock owned by ASUS? If so then why they are having two different kind of motherboard brands? It will be really nice if you can throw light on the above mentioned thing.

Re: Does ASUS owner of ASRock?

As far as I can understand the thing ASUS was looking to provide more entry level line of the motherboard but they were not wanted to use ASUS in motherboard name. hence they came up with ASRock and kept the prestige of Asus name. but still there is no official information available for the same it just a speculation of mine. also there was price discrimination as well. ASUS was not wanted to make the brand name down for the low priced products and hence they came up with ASRock

I searched on this particular situation and came to know that ASRock spun off with ASUS in 2002 so that they can compete with ECS and Foxconn. However ASRock also paced into DIY sector and they were planning to move company into upstream and started the same with in the year 2007 after closing successful IPO. ASRock has managed to get good reputation value for the good product from the various technical website. Also they got lots of awards and recommendations for number of products. Right now Pegatron Corporation is the owner of ASROck.

The products provided by ASRock are not so great but sufficient enough if you consider features as well as prices aspect of it. but I noticed that there is lack of quality control as they can done the RMA process. If I am not wrong Asus has been owned by Pegatron. In simple terms it is different unit for Asus group which owned by Pegatron. Hence Asus has been owned by Pegatron and ASRock as well.

The latest version of ASRock motherboards are not considered as a great motherboard brands as compared to the intel boards. There recent product were not able to do well in reviews.

After going through the all the above mentioned thing I wanted to comment over here is that ASUS was having subsidiary of ASRock. They are targeting the entery level product so that they are supposed to target the parent company. Both are essential part of group of companies.