Thread: Unable to set RAID 0 level for Asus P9X79

Unable to set RAID 0 level for Asus P9X79

I have an Asus P9X79 motherboard in my PC. I was trying to install Windows 7 64 bit version on my PC with motherboard set to RAID 0 levels. But I kept failing at this task as every time I installed Windows 7, it would give an error message prompting me to install latest drivers for processor. I have all the drivers updated, but still this error is seen. Can anyone tell me what can be the problem?

Re: Unable to set RAID 0 level for Asus P9X79

You can out SSD on Intel’s port 1 and port 2, set RAID in BIOS settings, uninstall all drivers and disable ASMedia and Marvel. For the desired results you will need to use RAID 6 cable. Then you create a hardware RAID by using the ctrl +I shortcut. This should be pressed during initial startup of RAID welcome screen in your system. You will need 2 separate drives on your hard disk. None of the drives should contain core files of the OS. Now you can start installing Windows 7 in your system.

The reason why Windows 7 is interrupted while setting the RAID 0 level because Windows 7 doesn’t allow to install with MS drivers after hitting next with no adv/driver add in. The chipset is now RSTe manufactured and not just RST. Due to this, application of generic SATA driver is impossible. Windows XP used to ignore all this, so setting RAID 0 in Windows XP was easy. You need to add F6 driver pack to the installation of Windows 7. You can use a USB drive for it. Don’t keep the USB drive plugged in. Plug it in only when the system prompts you to. Failing this your system might crash and revert the whole process. This F6 data pack will load all the .inf files in the temp directory of the Windows 7. After all the necessary .inf files are copied, you will be prompted to remove the source, that is, USB drive.

When you finish setting the RAID in your Intel processor, you will be taken to screen of OPROM. On this screen you will find the details f the OPROM in your system. Write it down or store it in some way that it will be easily found when needed. The details will be displayed in a fast manner, you can pause it, but be quick. There are 3 major RSTe, (up to) 3002003, (up to) 3003020 and (up to) 3017016. For Asus P9X79, 3002003 versions must only be available. Windows 7 won’t allow you to load the OPROM during the RAID setting period. You can also try RSTe 3017016 in BIOS of bios with 3001184. It doesn’t work many times, but in rare cases, it is successful.

If you are trying to have GPT drive RAID array in your system, then you should have 2 drives on hard disk that are clean and formatted. For installing Windows 7, in BIOS settings choose DVD drive without UEFI designation.

The serial numbers of the SSDs should be different if you are using 2 different SSDs. You need to refer the manual of your processor released by its manufacturer to know the important details of your processor. During the setup of Windows 7, you will be asked to select drivers. At that time load the SSD drivers. The processor drivers will be provided in the disk that comes along the processor. If it is not available then you can use Intel RST F6 Driver Diskettes for W7 64bit.