Thread: Three AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic cards not working on MSI Big Bang XPower X58

Three AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic cards not working on MSI Big Bang XPower X58

I have installed Big Bang-XPower x58 with three AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic cards. I got an issue while detecting all the three cards. When I went to windows hardware panel and catalyst center showing only 2 cards. Every single card is working fine by own however when it was configured on slot 2,4, and 6. However 2 and 6 are working only. When I gone through the manual is showing the configuration for the cards in slot 2-4-6 or 2-5-6. I think it is impossible to position 2-5-6.
    Any help please?????

Re: Three AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic cards not working on MSI Big Bang XPower X58

In this particular situation let me know whether you are running 6 memory modules on your system? if so I recommend than you should remove 3 modules from the system. I am doubting there is something wrong with the design of the motherboard itself. The CPU activity would be maxed when memory configuration if you are having 6 memory modules.

Re: Three AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic cards not working on MSI Big Bang XPower X58

After going through the problem of yours I am suggesting that you will need to update the BIOS. You should see that you should have latest version of BIOS.

Tell me what type of power supply do you using? Do you have connected molex connector pin on your motherboard? You will find out the same around of PCI-E slots. It will help you to dran additional power for the high end graphics card which needs to draw more power from pcie slots through 24 pin connector. It could be possible that particular 24 pin connector might be burn because of this.

As far as I know AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphic card is PCI 3.0 card and the motherboard which you are using is not having support for the same. another point which I wanted to put over here. there is limit associated with RAM and vRAM. If you are running Windows 7 32 bit then it can address around 4GB of RAM including Video card memory. Also you should try to use slot 2 and 4, see whether both the cards are working or not. It does works then I am sure that slot 4 is broken.