Thread: Computer gets restarted with intel DH67BLB3 and Gskill 4GBRL 1600MHz

Computer gets restarted with intel DH67BLB3 and Gskill 4GBRL 1600MHz

Hi friends I have recently assembled computer with Intel DH67BLB3 motherboard and core i5 2400 processor. I have bought Gskill 4GBRL 1600MHz RAM. Now after putting all the things together when I start computer at that time I get windows logo and then my computer restarts. May be RAM is causing this problem. please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Computer gets restarted with intel DH67BLB3 and Gskill 4GBRL 1600MHz

I have read your problem and first thing I would like to ask you is have you tried windows memory diagnostic? If you have not tried then you have to first run windows memory diagnostic and see whether it shows any error or not?

I will suggest you to test your Gskill 4GBRL 1600MHz RAM with memtest86 and if it pass the test successfully then something else is causing this problem and if fails the test then you need to replace your RAM. First you have to download memtest86 ISO file from internet and after downloading that file you have to make bootable CD/DVD. Once bootable CD/DVD crated you have to leave that in your CD/DVD ROM and restart your computer. After that start the test and see what the result is. You should also try to start your computer with different RAM stick and then see whether you get same problem or not.

This is not memory problem because when I tried to install ubuntu at that time it gets installed successfully. In my system I have turned off 'restart on system failure’ message and then it shows hard disk related message. If put my hard disk ion different computer at that time it works fine. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

At the time of windows installation in your computer which SATA mode was selected, it was RAID or AHCI? The mode whichever is selected should be the same which you have selected at the time of installing windows.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    At the time of windows installation in your computer which SATA mode was selected, it was RAID or AHCI? The mode whichever is selected should be the same which you have selected at the time of installing windows.
    I totally agree. I was also having similar problem and then I have switched the SATA mode from RAID to AHCI and then when I restarted my computer from that time all the things started working like a charm. You can also try this solution.

Yes you need to verify the chipset mode. Many times this problem occurs if correct mode is not selected. You should reset the BIOS setting in your computer and then you have to see whether it makes any difference or not.