Thread: Should I get ASUS E35M1-M Pro?

Should I get ASUS E35M1-M Pro?

I am going to assemble a new PC and this time I am thinking to use the ASUS E35M1-M Pro. I have gone through the review of this board on some of the sites but that were not so informative and so I am posting this over here. If someone of you can give me some information about this board and tell me that if it is worth to buy this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Should I get ASUS E35M1-M Pro?

ASUS E35M1-M Pro is perfect U3S6 HTPC solution by means of low power design as well as DirectX 11 support…
    • Protect3.0 - EPU, anti-surge, low EMI
    • DX 11 support - More detailed and realistic terrain
    • USB 3.0 - 10x faster than USB 2.0
    • Native SATA 6Gb / s - port Native, Native Speed and Accessibility
    • EFI BIOS (single mode) - Flexible and Easy BIOS interface
    • AI Suite II - One-stop Access to Innovative ASUS features

This is very interesting htpc motherboard from Asus: the E35M1-M Pro. The E350 is a dual core, Bobcat based processor that runs at 1.6 GHz. The CPU is assisted by an ATI HD6310 with ease full-HD movies that can be play. Asus has managed the E350 passive cooling. Yes: there is no fan available on this motherboard. And that makes this E350-based system suitable for a HTPC. We run into a problem during the test: our 30-inch Dell monitor with a resolution of 2560 by 1600 is not well controlled via dvi. It turns out as the single link DVI output and does not work. We connect through HDMI therefore to yet another screen with full HD resolution to test. It is something to be reckoned with.

If we look at pure performance of the system then we will find that the E350 is not too high in terms of the performance. The dual core performance with 2184 points in Cinebench-10 is a lot better than an Intel Atom N550. However, that's running at 1.5 GHz. The slightly faster N570 running at 1.67 GHz and scoring somewhat higher points but this is far away from the E350. In short, in the E350 segment scores very well. It is therefore possible to surf the web, watching movies or some simple editing pictures too.

Along with this we will get the on the back are two USB-3.0 ports, a gigabit lan connection, four USB 2.0 ports, e-sata, firewire, hdmi, dvi, vg, an analog stereo audio output and a digital optical SPDIF- output. Onboard we find four USB 2.0 connections for those who like to expand. Furthermore, we see a PCI Express X16 slot (at x4 mode), a PCI Express X1-lock and two PCI slots. It is thus possible to add one another if you want like a good audio card, or a raid card.

If you are worried about energy consumption then I would like to tell you that this system uses 28 watts in idle. That includes consuming a WD Velociraptor hard drive. Under full load it takes maximum 45 watts. Those are good values, given the performance.

The E35M1-M PRO motherboard from Asus is compatible with DirectX 11 and provides optimal performance with the Dual Core AMD Zacate 18W processor. This E35M1-M PRO has extensive connectivity options, such as 2 USB 3.0 ports for transfer rates that are 10 times faster than a USB 2.0 port. This also features interesting overclocking options for all your components for your personal safety needs to be set.

Here I am listing the features of this board and I wish that it will be helpful toyou to get this understand:
    • Graphics Controller: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Shared Video Memory (UMA)
    • Audio Output: Sound
    • Sound Output Mode: 5.1 channel surround
    • Compliant Standards: High Definition Audio
    • Product Type: Motherboard
    • Model: Micro ATX
    • Width: 24.4 cm
    • Depth: 18.3 cm
    • Compatibility 64-bit processors: Yes
    • Multi-Core Support: Dual-Core

The E35M1-M Pro, Asus includes an AMD Fusion E-350 processor and supports up to 8 GB of memory. There is an onboard AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics card is present, there is a x16 PCIe 2.0 slot and can present SATA devices.