Thread: In the uefi bios Asrock 890FX Deluxe 5 motherboard gets hotter.

In the uefi bios Asrock 890FX Deluxe 5 motherboard gets hotter.

as I was very much concerned with an new motherboard , I made an decision of purchasing an Asrock 890FX Deluxe 5 motherboard but for some cause when in the uefi bios the cpu temps get way hotter than when fully logged in as well as running stress test as a result I was having some doubt what is all about and whether this behavior is normal?

Re: In the uefi bios Asrock 890FX Deluxe 5 motherboard gets hotter.

I need to say that the first things you need to look at that CPU is getting hotter and the only cause a CPU gets hot is due to poor cooling. And according to me, I suppose that at idle that 1100T should be approximately the 30s in temps. When it will tend to be full stressed, it will be 60s I consider.

I suppose that as you are concerned with this issue, it could be just be the sensor is wrong because it characteristically reads the socket temp along with not the actual processor sensor. other option is if you are making use of a four pin fan its turning the fan off while in bios causing the temp to go up because cool and quiet will not tend to activate while in the bios.

I also have an Asrock 890GX Pro 3 motherboard and it is demonstrating an high temps (like at load) in the BIOS but I have found it is since the quiet as well as cool along with stuff are not working while in BIOS. And I have observed well that if it is running full bore in while you are in BIOS as well as in Windows it inactive down awaiting you tend to provide it with an workload.

I am also interested in this topic and in my case the culprit is "Load Line calibration". If left on "Auto" in BIOS, it's the similar as disabled as well as with Asrock IES on, voltage is placed at 1.28v and there is a full load along with i receive an some roughly 34 C while video encoding.If set by myself to "enabled", Asrock IES sets the voltage to 1.208v as well as temperature falls to 56C, which is concerning the temperature i was getting in my AM2+ board when i was tending to run the CPU at 1.325v.I don’t have any idea regarding how it is even likely to run the 1090T at 1.208v or else why this setting is so significant, but if the UEFI says so.

I need to ask you all guys that are you having Cool and Quiet enabled? I've never checked the voltages when that is enabled, but possibly it drops the voltage when it tends to drop the active clock speed.

I need to ask you all guys that are you having Cool and Quiet enabled? I've never checked the voltages when that is enabled, but possibly it drops the voltage when it tends to drop the active clock speed.
    In my case i have all the power saving alternatives enabled. But this isn't Cool and Quiet's doing. usually, at full load (video encoding), Cool N quiet was setting voltage at some 2.235v. by means of Asrock IES, it fell to 1.28v. at and at present i have enabled the "LLC" , whereas in IES, it is stating an 1.208v. so I don’t have an idea whether this is something that is occurring with a mixture of Asrock IES+LLC.

I have some working solution and hope it will tend to work in your case. I have checked mine and it does demonstrate a higher temp in BIOS than it does in windows at idle. I still believe the CPU is getting full voltage as quiet and cool is not tending to work when in BIOS. I have also found and noticed that the CPU fan kicks wide open from the start while in BIOS. So all you need to do is Power off, and also move directly to BIOS. Fan is wide open and the temp rises.

It would be an BIOS problem as you say and the UEFI are not able to report voltages properly . it could be also just be a reporting error. sounds like you've stressed the CPU (encoding) and it will not tend to run properly. But I will surely say that it could definitely be an it could just be an error in the BIOS.