Thread: Corsair Vengeance Vs Corsair XMS3

Corsair Vengeance Vs Corsair XMS3

hi guys
    I have kind of problem, I needed the Corsair Vengeance RAM 8gb of 1600MHz. that will be fitted on my system with the new i7 2600k but that model is not available in the stores and was given the option of the Corsair XMS3 RAM , but I was more in to the Corsair Vengeance. So all I need to know is should I put the 4gb of Vengeance RAM, or is 8gb XMS3 RAM will be work as same as the vengeance . is there any one here can suggest the good and bad in the Corsair Vengeance and Corsair XMS3 so that I can make the decision easy , I will be really appreciating that

Thanks in advance

Re: Corsair Vengeance Vs Corsair XMS3

I'm finishing off my Obsidian 650D build and making an attempt to work out that RAM is best to work with either 2x 8GB kit (16GB) XMS3 2000mhz or 16GB Vengeance LP 1600Mhz. i will be able to positively be overclocking and my system may be a asus maximums extreme and a 2600K. My choices are restricted profile wise as I have the massive Silver Arrow SB-E cooler.

Do lots of gaming and serious application work Adobe Creative Suite etc. Any recommendation would be appreciated?

I have a similar case, .I've tested having each memories on my mobo, on games no issue however i am doubtful if there can be a compatibility problem between them within the future? the irony is i've looked the compatibility list of the mobo and it's compatible with the XMS3 module however not with the Vengeance, is there any means i am not certain, that they're compatible?

looks like the XMS3s are rated at 1.5 volts. Tech specs on the Corsair web site clearly list the SPD voltages and Tested voltages. So yes, the Vengeance is tested at 1.5 Volts and is that the higher match. Any distinction between the "Regular" Vengeance and also the low profile ones.

I bought 2x4gb XMS3 1333 off eBay last week for 32inc and its operating nice on my system, highly advocate it however can’t say anything on the others one hope this will help

Primarily the XMP merely sets all the voltages and latencies for you by its own ?

There is no distinction in performance quality among the chips?

I assumed the xmp sets were a lot of economical because the latencies are equivalents however need less voltage...

Best to see the XMP really sets your voltage, if not you wish to try to to it manually. there is no distinction in performance unless you are trying to overclock your RAM, and if that is the case vengeance is best as a result of the upper voltage overhead.XMS hasn't got any in an exceedingly SB setup, 1.65V is that the max for SB.

The main difference I have seen is that on the Overview for the XMS3 it states 1.65V. And within the Tech Specs it states that the tested voltage is 1.65 however the SPD voltage is 1.5. My perspective is that if you wish to overclock memory you'll be able to either raise the voltage or lower the memory timings or each. If that's the case since this memory was tested at 1.65V will that mean that this series is best or a minimum of better for overclocking?