Thread: MSI Z68A-G45 (B3) is booting up very slow

MSI Z68A-G45 (B3) is booting up very slow

I have recently installed MSI Z68A-G45 (B3) in my system, it has been 2 more than a month now and everything was working fine but the I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and now I am getting a black screen with blinking cursor at the boot up with number/'code' 98 in the below right corner, I have found that it stays like that for more than 5 minutes and after that boot in to windows,I don’t know why it has started taking a long time to boot up now, is there anyone who can help me out with this issue???

Re: MSI Z68A-G45 (B3) is booting up very slow

I have recently installed MSI Z68A-G45 (B3) in my system, it has been 2 more than a month now and everything was working fine but the I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and now I am getting a black screen with blinking cursor at the boot up with number/'code' 98 in the below right corner, I have found that it stays like that for more than 5 minutes and after that boot in to windows,I don’t know why it has started taking a long time to boot up now, is there anyone who can help me out with this issue???
    I just wanted to know that have you updated any UEFI/BIOS components or have changed the same?? I mean this issues generally occurs doe to some kind of compatibility problem with devices like keyboard, HDD/SSD, mouse and all, so just disconnect them and then reconnect them and see if it is making any difference or not, if that does not help then just try out changing the boot devices in bios and see if they ate helping, just try out the possible solution that I have suggested and then post back the result you get for them.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have already tried out changing the boot devices in bios but then it did not made any difference and now after your suggestion I have disconnected and connected all the usb devices just to check out but then they are not making any difference as well, is there anything that I can try out, I have checked out some other forums as well for the issue and some were having similar issue, I mean that in their case the system was not booting where as in my case the system is booting slow, I am really running out of ideas but then I want to solve out the same, is there any other effective workaround that I can try out to get rid of this slow booting???

Before I suggest you something about the same I just want to know the compete specification of your system, so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing, so just post the same here for further help.

Below is my system specification:
    • MSI Z68A-G45 (B3)
    • MSI N550GTX-Ti-M2D1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5
    • Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB Port
    • G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)-Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    • Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W BX80623I52400
    • ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT 500W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

I have checked out for the same and the number/'code' 98 in the below right corner refers to related to improper connection between the Console input devices, so I just wanted to know brand/model of the following as you have not mentioned them above:
    1. Mouse
    2. Keyboard
    3. BIOS Version

Juts check out the same and then post it here for further help.

Here is what I have:
    1. Mouse- G700
    2. Keyboard- Logitech K800
    3. BIOS Version- 10.2

Do you have an idea about some other workaround that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I am not very sure about your case but then I was facing the exact issue a week ago and was checking and trying out the basic solution od disconnecting and connecting the usd devices as the issue seems to be related to them, I had tried out the above solutions in my case as well but then they were not helping and I was still having the same issue but then after a day of troubleshooting I found out that the culprit in my case was Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB Port which was connected to the Motherboard USB2 pins, I mean that when I tried booting up the computer after disconnecting the same then it booted up properly and I was not having any further issue as well, it was just booting slowly when I was connecting it, so if you want the you can check out the same and see if you are having the same case or not. Just check it out and then let me know if it helps.