Thread: 3 beeps when booting from MSI A75A-G35

3 beeps when booting from MSI A75A-G35

Currently I am having an issue with my MSI A75A-G35. I built a new computer using this motherboard and unfortunately it gives 3 beeps when booting with the same amount of pause in between each single beep. There is no problem with power supply. I am using a brand new DIMM2 ram but there is no sign of system posting. The monitor remains dead. There is no way I can flash the BIOS unless system post. My configs are as follows:
    • MSI a75a-g35 motherboard
    • AMD Athlon 2 X 4 3000
    • Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 Gb 1600 RAM
    • Alpine700w PSU

Re: 3 beeps when booting from MSI A75A-G35

You are saying that the AMD Athlon II X4 651. So I am pretty sure that this processor natively supported with BIOS 1.3. Can you tell me the current version of your BIOS? You can check it over BIOS chip. There might be a green sticker posted on it. The BIOS chip reside between the SATA1 and JFP1 headers

It seems you did not understand or did not read. There are several sites which describes the beep meaning. You can find a chart showing different meaning for beep codes. Find the chart and find the exact code which you got in your computer. This MSI motherboard uses AMI BIOS. This we can then deduce easily by searching Google or looking at the motherboard.

3 beeps = Base 64K RAM failure

3 short beeps can indicate the lack of memory: RAM array cannot be inserted or defective.

The issue is characterized by the number of beeps and their duration (long or short). By consulting the motherboard, you can get the translation of this beep code somewhat. According to the MSI support the number of beeps during start-up corresponds to the number of USB devices found what I can tell after a few tries too.

Nothing is displayed on the screen during the entire time the computer starts up. I found a half-explanation on another site and beepers are actually an alarm. Mine is a long beep and 2 short so this is a video error. According to this site: "The video card may be defective, but check that the PCI and AGP is inserted above the monitor and connected. In 80% of cases the problem is solved. Try another video card if the problem persists. “Except that I have laptop and I do not see how to change without going through a repair center.