My system config is as follows:
    • AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz
    • MSI 890GXM-G65 motherboard
    • 2x 2GB Patriot G2 PC3-10666 DDR3-1333
    • ATI Radeon HD4290 (onboard)
    • Seagate 160GB SATA 3.0Gb/s ;
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    • Thermaltake TR2 600W

I think that I am having problem with Patriot memory. My computer crashed and reboots several times. But the system working fine sidewise even after occasional crashes. The MSI telling that these memories are compatible with the MSI 890GXM-G65 but my particular Patriot memory was not listed. Is it the problem.

Re: PC crashes with MSI 890GXM-G65 and Patriot Memory

It seems to me that you have used the mixed RAM and there you have the problem. You should not mix the RAM with different manufacturer. You should always use the same brand from the same batch. Sometimes even RAM from the same manufacturer has different kind memory chips. You should also keep in mind at the time you buy.

Voltage is also set to auto run, then increase to 1.6 which has not achieved anything.

Perhaps I need to set it to 1.5 times as indicated otherwise I should go for BIOS update to play. There is one but I am not sure whether that is the new version or not.

Basically, a full configuration of the board is always critical. Here come the most problems with Rams. And with two different species, it is not recommended. Several other manufacturers have the lesser problem, but different performance goes in. Have you made a CMOS reset? It is quite possible that in the bios or incorrect values of the other Ram are stored. You can also start the PC with a Ram times and check the settings in the bios and possibly adjust them manually. This resets the Bios settings were when the PC is started, which I think is normal. This must be nee protection is on my board, too.

Did you check the lock times individually in DIMM1 with memtest?

After inserting the memory once you've reset the CMOS with the plug disconnected?

The CPU was installed correctly and checked for bent pins out?

It seems to me that you have a Double Sided sticks which has memories both sides in each module and which adds 8 sides. While the MSI official site reports that this may well be the reason to accept. Beyond this, try various settings in your BIOS and perhaps some combination is adequate to take full advantage of those 8Gbs. It could also be like someone else had your problem had been solved and which one would expect their help. Finally, test each and every one of your reports individually and in different sockets in order to rule out any problems with them.